Safety Compliance Technician I/II (526-378)
Location: Pickering, Ontario CA
Job Number: 401
Framatome is looking for a Safety Compliance Technician for our Pickering, Ontario, Canada office. This role is responsible for supporting the deployment, implementation and monitoring of the EHS & Human Performance program. They providing Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental oversight in a construction and industrial environment at nuclear client sites and Framatome Canada office/warehouse facility. Employee will be a member of the EHS and Human Preformance Department reporting to the EHS and Human Performance Manager.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Support project specific conventional safety and environmental management plans and procedures including; inspections, audits, observation and coaching and JHSC
- Ensure accidents/incidents are recognized and investigated in a timely/valued manner by providing leadership and direction in all facets of training, reporting, investigation and analysis.
- Track and report safety-related statistics, manage Return to Work, Modified duties cases at the field level.
- Support Human Performance program activities and act as an advocate for Human Performance.
- Assist in development of JSA, High Hazard planning, Critical Lift plans, ALARA Plans and other plans as required and audit same in the field.
- Ensure workplace hazards are identified and effective mitigation strategies are developed and implemented.
- Liaise with Government agencies and client representatives especially in the field of radiation protection.
- Technical resource for jurisdictional Occupational Health & Safety Acts, Regulations and applicable standards.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Safety Compliance Technician I: Associates degree in a Science/Occupational Health and Safety related field plus 0-2 years related experience or High School diploma plus 2-4 years of related nuclear experience.
- Safety Compliance Technician II: Associates degree and 2-4 years related experience or high school diploma and 4-6 years of related experience is preferred.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- A working knowledge of Provincial OHS Legislation including construction and industrial regulations.
- Experience in Health and Safety within an industrial and construction environment.
- Experience implementing and monitoring construction health and safety programs.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience in the Health and Safety field.
- A team player that accepts and can manage change regularly.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office to develop reports or presentations as required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and positively influence behavior.
- Experience in the nuclear industry and with Human Performance programs considered an benefit
Travel: Domestic travel to client sites - up to 10%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Pickering, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 526-378
Community / Marketing Title: Safety Compliance Technician I/II (526-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pickering, Ontario CA