Associate Project Manager (528-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 400
Framatome is seeking an Associate Project Manager for our Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, VA. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for securing and managing resources for well-defined, single product line commercial projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. At this level, incumbents may manage small-to-moderate projects, R&D Projects, or elements and functions within a larger project. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives. This position includes managing internal and sub contract equipment readiness, testing, and field deployments from contract award through job closeout. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product specifications, and working closely with engineering and manufacture, to deliver winning products. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides project leadership for major commercial design, construction, expansion, extension, renovation, supply or component replacement projects.
- Prepares project plans/schedules/materials to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Utilizes approved project management methods and processes to execute low risk projects of existing technology and methods to meet client needs and expectations.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills to meet project objectives.
- Manages the timely issuance and payment of customer invoices.
- Responsible for project execution, development of project plans/schedules/procurement strategies to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Monitors overall execution of project activities, risks, customer's expectations and compliance with customer's requirements for project reporting and performance measurement.
- Manages the timely issuance and payment of customer invoices, and is the primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Good knowledge and understanding of nuclear safety issues/requirements, and directs all work in accordance with approved standards, policies, procedures and quality plans
- Develops new and unique test plans, methods & systems, and provides advanced, specialized consultation with customers.
- Researches and assesses best practices, lessons learned, industry experience, proposing methods and improvements as needed.
- Conflict Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Negotiating, Organizing, Planning, Priority
- Setting, Problem Solving, Building Effective Teams.
- Plans and directs the timely execution of technical activities within a major technical section.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff & management
- Excellent working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on "root cause" analysis;
- Excellent report development and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience and understanding of plant operations, processes, resources, and equipment needs.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or similar field, or related experience in lieu of degree, plus 8-10 years of project work experience including at least one year managing projects.
- Incumbents should be working on or have achieved, and continue to maintain Framatome PM Certification. Must meet all requirements for Framatome Level D certification.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience as a Project Manager
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background, with experience in power generation or related industry
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Framatome LSS Black Belt certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Outage Services or Piping technical standards, techniques and criteria
- Knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria
- Develops new or adapted products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to customers
- N+5 years of job experience in Energy Sector
Travel: Up to 50% travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 528-378
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Project Manager (528-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US