Product Manager III/IV (527-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 399
Framatome is seeking a Product Manager for our Lynchburg, VA location. This position is responsible for supporting and managing new Products and Technology for the Outage Services (IBO-A) business line. This Product Development Position focuses on three (3) Product Lines in IBO-A: PWR Services, BWR Services, and Engineering Tooling/Equipment. This Product Manager position reports to the Manager of Innovation for Products and Technology, IBO Products.
Under broad supervision, this position will manage the company's strategic, marketing and business development activities for products, clients and/or services for the assigned product line/portfolio. Defines and develops new product/sales opportunities to meet customer needs and makes sales presentations to generate new business. Prepares business strategy proposals to senior management for market opportunities based on market trends and forecasting. May provide leadership to less experienced Product Managers.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: Gathering and prioritizing product and customer equirements, defining the product solution, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing support to ensure design, revenue, and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements sales and/or marketing strategies
- Close new orders from US, NA, SA, and International Customers
- Serves as the primary interface for assigned products, services and clients for the assigned product line/portfolio.
- Responsible to obtain committed Product Line/portfolio revenue and operating income annually.
- Proposes product applications and solutions so that product and service deliveries meet customer requirements.
- Makes sales presentations to customers and negotiates contract scope and conditions.
- Performs opportunity identification, tracking and proposal process and recommends process changes.
- Develops and maintains costumer relationship
- Develops economic scenarios to help top management challenge and validate key business decisions.
- Shares information so that all business players develop a level of competencies and performances in line with customer requirements.
- Manages estimates and facilitates contract amendments so that each deal meets the targeted level of profit margin.
- Uses SPEAK (appointment with clients, reporting, presentation, opportunity follow up, information sharing with management and product manager)
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap of the products
- Support beta and pilot programs in the early-stage of products and launch products to market
- Support partnerships and licensing opportunities for the products they
- Define opportunities, assemble product offerings, book work, and act as interface to end users/customers
- Develop competence of all new product aspects including technical, commercial, and SME and fit within competitive
- Act as a leader within the company and uphold company standards for ethics/leadership
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 10-12 years of related work experience in an energy sector field or similar. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical background, with experience in power generation or related industry.
- Skills and Knowledge Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly and work well as part of a team.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Minimum of 2 year's experience as a Product Manager.
- Framatome LSS Black Belt certification preferred.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- N+3 years in similar Product Manager Position
- N+ 5 Years of Job Experience in Nuclear Sector or Similar
Travel: Up to 50% travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 527-378
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager III/IV (527-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US