Operations Support Engineer II-IV (515-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 393
The Fuel Core Design & Safety Analysis, Lynchburg (FDC-AL) department directly supports the reactor core design and reload licensing analysis needs for US Region Light Water Reactor PWR commercial operation. The department performs a full range of neutronics, fuel management, and safety analysis of the fuel and core design including on-going development of codes and methods as well as maintenance of existing codes and methods used in those analyses. Department engineers work closely with other engineering departments, customers, Project Management, and regulators.
FDC-AL Operations Support Engineers are responsible for supporting reactor physics tests and special measuring campaigns; providing technical support and advice on reactor operation in the fields of core monitoring, operational practice and operational safety; documenting operating reload cycle core follow reports and analysis; and preparing and processing plant monitoring software inputs/databases. Operations Support Engineers provide direct technical interface with the customer's Site Reactor Engineering.
The Operations Support Engineer as part of the W/CE Core Design and Operations Support Team also supports the Reload and Core Design Efforts on the team as needed and a variety engineering services. Responsibilities also includes the support industry meetings and conferences in regards to startup, monitoring, and operations of the reactor.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being a customer interface for reactor core operational issues
- Provide on-site reactor engineering support during reactor unit startup
- Provide consultation and direction for startup and operational physics testing
- Performing low power physics testing analysis
- Perform core follow analysis
- Prepare and install core monitoring system updates
- Participation in industry meetings/conferences (PWROG,RMWG,INPO, EPRI, DOE, and others as needed)
- Support Core Design and reload analysis efforts on the team
- The qualified candidate will also be involved in the preparation of engineering documents (calculations, reports, functional requirements, etc.) in support of commercial reactor core designs and interface with Framatome European counterparts for reactor core monitoring product designs
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer II: BS in Nuclear Engineering plus 2-3 years of reactor physics or fuel management engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (Masters, 1-2 years, or PhD, 1-3 years).
- Engineer III: BS in Nuclear Engineering plus 3-5 years of reactor physics or fuel management engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (Masters, 1-2 years, or PhD, 1-3 years).
- Engineer IV: BS in Nuclear Engineering plus >5 years of reactor physics or fuel management engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (Masters, 1-2 years, or PhD, 1-3 years).
- Must possess good verbal and written skills.
- Possess a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Ability and attitude to learn a variety of new procedures, processes, and tools while maintaining projects in various stages of production.
- Ability to work well in a high paced atmosphere.
- Reactor core monitoring systems: (POWERTRAX, BEACON, FIDMS, etc. or equivalent).
- On-site engineering support for reactor engineering
- Physics testing, reactor start-up/Reactor Engineer.
- Operational/Performance analyses of reactor operation.
- Experience with core neutronic simulator codes such as PRISM, NEMO, SCIENCE, SIMULATE, or equivalent.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with PWR core monitoring methods
Travel: Up to 25% travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 515-378
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Support Engineer II-IV (515-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US