Business Innovation Manager (498-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 384
Framatome designs and builds nuclear reactors for power plants and is present in Europe, America, China and many other countries. Thanks to its 15,000 employees throughout the world, Framatome puts its expertise in service of its customers every day to help them to achieve their economic and societal objectives. Framatome is a subsidiary of the EDF group.
The Framatome Fuel Business Unit (BU) develops, designs, and manufactures fuel assemblies as well as fuel-related services, for light water reactor power plants (PWR for pressurized water reactors and BWR for boiling water reactors) and research reactors. The Fuel BU is also in charge of the production of zirconium and its alloys and also markets engineering and on-site services associated with fuel.
The Business Innovation Manager will be part of our Fuel Advanced Solutions Team. This team has the main mission to lead and coordinate all new Fuel BU concept development activities for generating new revenues. The purpose of this mission is to secure the future of Fuels. By design, The Fuel Advanced Solutions team is small and international entity grouping highly motivated individual contributors across the 3 regions, and working closely with others divisions. This position has a global scope.
Within the Fuel Advanced Solutions team, the Business Innovation Manager's main missions are:
- Achieve new revenue streams exceeding $35 million per year with high EBITDA
- Lead development of innovative business schemes and concepts for creating customer value from which Framatome can capture a portion of the value
- Provide leadership in the area of business development, innovative business schemes, financial analysis, and client engagement with new concepts
- Lead the reinforcement of the entrepreneurial/startup mindset within Fuel BU
- Manage the idea pipeline through the concept development process including monitoring the portfolio of development schedules, steering idea development as needed, expanding schemes where possible, and combining multiple schemes when effective
- Contribute to concept opportunity analysis including detailed assessments of customer value potential plus critical reviews of feasibility, costs, investments, potential partners, and potential revenues
- Develop go-to-market strategies for selected opportunities and help the commercial teams in the implementation
- Support as needed the coordination with other FUEL BU divisions that is necessary for idea development and realization
- Create compelling business cases that drive decisions and action
- Lead the development and realization of such new concepts, which may include securing sales for some opportunities
Key Performance Indicators:
- Annual Revenue
- Annual OIT
- Annual number of innovative new ideas successfully passing through opportunity assessment gates
- Annual number of new concepts validated for implementation
These missions will be achieved operationally through individual contribution to the larger initiative. The position can locate either in Lynchburg, VA or Richland, WA; and reports to the Global Head of Fuel Advanced Solutions
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 12-15 years of related work experience; outside of the nuclear industry is a differentiating characteristic. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Must be highly collaborative, financially astute, and demonstrate a good business sense.
- Have a well-informed opinion of why and how corporations spend and earn money around customer value creation and possess the ability to share it eloquently and persuasively.
- Intelligent, curious and motivated with exceptional communication skills and proven experience working with diverse teams including those with international character.
- Must demonstrate a results orientated mindset
- Display competencies in innovation and business development; commercial experience helpful
- Proven ability to animate new ideas and motivate others
- Fluent English mandatory
- Able to work autonomously and transversally across divisions and business units in an international environment
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- MBA preferred
- Operational in French
- Past experiences in business startups, entrepreneurship, or project management experience are differentiating attributes
- Ability to succinctly articulate qualitative and quantitative business value
- Executive presentation skills
- Fuels experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of innovation or business development experience.
Travel: Up to 25% travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 498-378
Community / Marketing Title: Business Innovation Manager (498-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US