Field Service Rep I-III (part-time) (467-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 362
**Please note that this is an evergreen requisition and will be active until all positions are filled. If you apply for this requisition, your application will be valid on this requisition until the requisition closes.**
The Installed Base Business Group combines the nuclear reactor design and construction activities and the products and services activities necessary for the maintenance, operation, modernization, and improvement of power plants. It also includes vessel propulsion nuclear reactor and research reactor activities.
BWR Reactor Services and PWR Reactor Services specialize in full scope Refueling Outage services which include, but is not limited to reactor disassembly/reassembly, fuel handling, and critical lifts. Work is highly complex and procedurally driven, consisting primarily of tool handling and equipment operation inside containment, in/around the cavity.
Framatome is seeking part-time BWR and/or PWR Field Service Representatives. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for routine installation, repair, preventative maintenance and testing of tools and equipment at customer sites, following blueprints and instructions, and utilizing knowledge of specific tools, equipment and components. Position will be required to perform tasks in radioactive conditions and may be required to work around corrosive chemicals, both requiring the appropriate personal protective equipment to be donned. This position is seasonal employment (part time). The typical workload is working 2-3 months in the spring and 2-3 months in the fall. Emergent may occur outside of the standard windows.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Installing, troubleshooting, disassembly/assembly, repairing and maintenance on tooling and equipment at plant sites.
- Conducting a variety of routine field tasks, operating specialized equipment, taking measurements, extracting and compiling data regarding equipment and process performance.
- Developing calculations, tables, reports, and other related data, as needed.
- Maintaining maintenance logs and certification documentation.
- May assist with the development of procedures required to perform equipment maintenance and operation.
- Complying with all applicable safety and health rules including personal dose compliance.
- Work flexible hours and shifts, as required, to ensure timely service.
- May require extensive travel to a variety of regional and remote job sites.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Field Service Representative I: High School Diploma, or equivalent education, with a minimum of 0-2 years of related experience.
- Field Service Representative II: High School Diploma, or equivalent education, with a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience.
- Field Service Representative III: High School Diploma, or equivalent education, with a minimum of 4-6 years of related experience.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used equipment, practices, procedures, and concepts in a particular field.
- Requires specific training in the following areas: knots, measurement and testing equipment, rigging, foreign material exclusion, human performance, Radworker practices, flanges, pack-out, and BWR and/or PWR Reactor Services basics.
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs as required for specific roles.
- Basic written/verbal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures, and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform the Essential Job Function Requirements of the position (attached).
The employee must be able to :
- Remain in a stationary position, walk, kneel and crouch for extended periods of time
- Continuous use of arms, hands , wrist, legs , feet, neck and waist
- Constantly working atop/around heights
- Frequently ascend and descend ladders
- Occasionally/frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
- Traverse even and uneven surfaces
- Exposure to elevated heat conditions indoors
- Communicate with various levels of the organization
- *Additional physical requirements may be required of the job holder based upon the business unit/line and/or at the request of Framatome Inc. management.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Current PWR Refueling Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 Refueling Outages
TRAVEL Seasonal (35-75%) domestic and international travel. Potential international travel; office environment will be for training purposes.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 467-378
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Rep I-III (part-time) (467-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US