Electrical Engineer III/IV (411-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 335
The Pump & Motor Service Center (PMSC) Engineering organization is a technical unit of the Installed Base Component Replacement and Repair Organization. PMSC engineering is responsible for generating all documentation required to refurbish customer contaminated equipment, in particular pumps and motors. PMSC engineering also supports the Field Services organization while they are deployed to Nuclear Power Plants, as well as customers should they have any question or issue needing resolution. Framatome is seeking an Electrical Engineer in Lynchburg, VA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead motor refurbishment projects as the Project engineer, with a focus on electrical testing and assessment.
- Review customer specifications, writing documentation package to support motor refurbishments.
- Generate incoming inspection reports and end of remanufacturing reports, interfacing with customers.
- Travel to vendors for technical surveillance (stator remanufacturing and associated activities).
- Manufacture/test witness, resolving technical issues through the Framatome Corrective Action Program.
- Support site outages and field services teams.
- Position must be located in Lynchburg, VA and cannot be worked remotely.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Electrical Engineer III: BS in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 3-5 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 year or PhD 1-3 years). In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 year engineering degree.
- Electrical Engineer IV: BS in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 5-7 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years). In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of 4 year engineering degree
- Motor refurbishment/stator remanufacturing related experience (hands-on)
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with Motor refurbishment industry with mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with Stator remanufacturing
- Experience with Thermography Testing and other stator assessment testing techniques
- Experience with component balancing software, vibration monitoring software
- Experience with Word and Excel
- Experience with Solidworks and Smarteam
Travel: Up to 25% travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 411-378
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer III/IV (411-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US