Field Service Rep I-III (part-time) (BUI00244)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 63
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome's expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI - 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
The Installed Base Business Group:
The Installed Base Business Group combines the nuclear reactor design and construction activities and the products and services activities necessary for the maintenance, operation, modernization, and improvement of power plants. It also includes vessel propulsion nuclear reactor and research reactor activities.
PWR Reactor Services specializes in full scope Refueling Outage services, which includes, but is not limited to reactor disassembly/reassembly, fuel handling, and critical lifts. Work is highly complex and procedurally driven, consisting primarily of tool handling and equipment operation inside containment, in/around the cavity.
Framatome is seeking part-time Field Service Representatives.
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for routine installation, repair, preventative maintenance and testing of tools and equipment at customer sites. Follows blueprints and instructions utilizing knowledge of specific tools, equipment and components. May be required to work around radioactive and/or corrosive chemicals and to wear appropriate protective equipment.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Installing, troubleshooting, disassembly/assembly, repairing and maintenance on tooling and equipment at plant sites.
- Conducting a variety of routine field tasks, operating specialized equipment, taking measurements, extracting and compiling data regarding equipment and process performance.
- Developing calculations, tables, reports, and other related data, as needed.
- Maintaining maintenance logs and certification documentation.
- May assist with the development of procedures required to perform equipment maintenance and operation.
- Complying with all applicable safety and health rules including personal dose compliance.
- Work flexible hours and shifts, as required, to ensure timely service.
- May require extensive travel to a variety of regional and remote job sites.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent education.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used equipment, practices, procedures, and concepts in a particular field.
- Requires specific training in the following areas: knots, measurement and testing equipment, rigging, foreign material exclusion, human performance, Radworker practices, flanges, pack-out, and PWR basics.
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs as required for specific roles.
- Basic written/verbal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures, and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks.
- Meets the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work in high heat environments and at heights.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Current PWR Refueling Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 Refueling Outages
TRAVEL Seasonal (35-75%) domestic and international travel. Potential international travel; office environment will be for training purposes.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: BUI00244
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Rep I-III (part-time) (BUI00244)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US