Component Engineer II (74-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 55
Framatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.
With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome's expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.
Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.
Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI - 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).
The Component Repair & Replacement (CR&R) organization specializes in unique and often First-of-a-Kind (FOAK) modifications and replacements of Primary Side Reactor / Piping components for the domestic and international commercial nuclear power plant fleet. Areas of responsibility for the Component Engineering group include component repair and modification design, replacement component design, developing detailed requirements and generating Design Specifications or other requirements documents, developing installation procedures and ASME Code weld process travelers, providing ASME Code support for all CR&R projects as well as other business units, and providing field operations support.
Typical projects include repairs, modifications, and replacements of ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code and/or Nuclear Safety Related components such as Reactor Vessel Heads, Reactor Internals, Pressurizers, and Reactor Primary Piping / Nozzles for both commercial Pressurized Water Reactors (PWRs) and Boiling Water Reactors (BWRs).
Framatome is seeking a Component Engineer for our Lynchburg (MRR) location.
This position is for an Engineer II entry level Component Engineer within the Welding & Component Engineering organization of IBR-A Component Repair & Replacement (CR&R). This position reports to the Manager, Component Engineering. Main assignments and responsibilities for typical projects include the following:
- Development of detailed requirements documents to meet applicable Codes / Standards such as Certified Design Specifications and Technical Requirements Documents. Requires interfacing with multiple disciplines to define requirements for engineering, analysis, Nondestructive Examination (NDE), materials, welding, testing, qualification, installation, and quality.
- Development of complex component modification and replacement designs, detailed part and assembly drawings, and installation drawings to meet requirements.
- Development of installation procedures and weld process travelers for implementation of projects in the field.
- Development of ASME Code Section XI Reconciliation documents.
- Actively engage in the development of new and unique products, methods, and processes - either for a particular contract or as Research & Development (R&D).
- Perform specialty individual contributor assignments as directed by the Manager, Component Engineering.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years of experience with complex component repairs, modifications, and replacements in the commercial nuclear power industry.
- Knowledge and working experience in 3-Dimensional CAD using SolidWorks (or similar solid modeling platform) and SmarTeam (or similar data base file storage application).
- Knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) techniques.
- Basic knowledge and application of fabrication techniques to include: conventional and unconventional machining, Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM), Manual Welding (GTAW, SMAW, and GMAW), and Machine Welding (GTAW).
- Ability to work under general supervision on engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity, and the development of innovative and unique methods and processes.
- Good communication skills with the ability to comprehend and concisely convey detailed technical data across multiple disciplines or business units.
- Ability to effectively work within smaller project teams and be accountable for deliverables within a set budget.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Hands-on aptitude to problem solving.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience with the standard suite of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc) .
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Interest in working towards registered Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
- Basic knowledge and working experience in SAP .
Travel: Sporadic (10%) Domestic/International. Travel may also include sporadic international trips pending contracted international scopes. Travel may also include sporadic planned or unplanned trips to commercial nuclear power plants in support of CR&R outage tasks.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 74-378
Community / Marketing Title: Component Engineer II (74-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US