Mechanical Engineer II (444-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 345
Framatome is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II in our Mount Athos Road office in Lynchburg, VA. The Pump & Motor Service Center (PMSC) Engineering organization is a technical unit of the Installed Base Component Replacement and Repair Organization. PMSC engineering is responsible for generating all documentation required to refurbish customer contaminated equipment, in particular pumps and motors. PMSC engineering also support the Field Services organization while they are deployed to Nuclear Power Plants, as well as customers should they have any question or issue needing resolution.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead motor refurbishment projects as the Project engineer under a senior PE lead.
- Review customer specifications, writing documentation package to support motor refurbishments
- Generate incoming inspection reports and end of remanufacturing reports
- Interfacing with customers, traveling to vendors for technical surveillance and manufacturing / testing witness
- Resolve technical issues through the Framatome Corrective Action Program
- Support site outages and field services teams.
- Position must be located in Lynchburg, VA and cannot be worked remotely.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 2-3 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (MS 1-2 years. or PhD 1-3 years).
- Experience with Word and Excel
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with Solidworks and Smarteam
- Motor refurbishment and operational knowledge.
Travel: Up to 25% travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 444-378
Community / Marketing Title: Mechanical Engineer II (444-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US