Manager II, Engineering (436-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 341
Framatome is seeking Manager II, Engineering for our Mill Ridge Road office in Lynchburg, VA. This management position supports all engineering equipment and process development for the IBN (NDE) product line which includes both NDE and Steam generators. Includes all engineering groups including mechanical, electrical, and software.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership and direction through subordinate engineering managers (Manager I level) for complex assignments.
- Envisions, defines and executes business plans at a section level for multiple cost centers and work groups.
- Provides advanced technical support; guides and reviews the work of a large organization of engineers and support staff.
- Reviews progress; updates senior management, as needed.
- Through subordinate managers and cost centers, ensures effective performance of complex engineering assignments.
- Plans and directs the timely execution of engineering activities within an major engineering section.
- Ensures projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies, objectives and customer standards.
- Develops and/or administers organization engineering standards and procedures for the group.
- Provides goals, objectives and standards of performance for assigned team members.
- Develops new or adapted products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to customers.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on other special projects, as directed.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 15 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MBA/MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years).
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Advanced knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 436-378
Community / Marketing Title: Manager II, Engineering (436-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US