Electrical Test Technician I-III (Temp to Full Time) (360-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 309
Framatome is seeking an Electrical Test Technician for our Mount Athos Road facility in Lynchburg, VA.
Main assignments associated with this position include the following:
- Testing: Perform testing activates to support dedication and qualification activates of various electrical (primary), mechanical (secondary), and I&C (final) attributes (i.e. resistance, continuity, trip times, materials of construction, performance, hardness, flow, pressure) of an array of different products (i.e. breakers, relays, fuses, capacitors, bearings, gaskets, valves, O-rings, filters, greases, lubricants, and motors, and valves ). Example of assignments are as follows:
- Test equipment and configuration setup
- Develop test configurations in accordance with vendor manuals/instructions
- Data collection
- Validate accuracy of test data
- Communication test data with engineering and/or to the customer.
- Support knowledge management
- Calibration/ Repair Support: Support periodic test equipment calibration. Example of assignments are as follows:
- Understanding the hardware functions
- Diagnosing the root cause of the problems when the equipment fails to function properly
- Revise Calibration procedures if / when needed
- General Design Support: Assist with the prototype hardware and software testing; including revising the product training manuals.
- Writing / editing technical documents.
- Fabrication and/or Assembly: Perform assembly and fabrication of filters, Sterns Rogers parts, and ASCO hydramotors. Example of assignments are as follows:
- Reading and following instructions, drawings, procedures, and processes
- Use various instruments, tools, and equipment support fabrication
Under the mentorship of experienced of technicians and engineers, you will be engaged in the following types of projects and tasks:
- Perform assembly and testing in the following areas:
- Electrical - Typical components consist of circuit breakers, relays, starters, contactors, transformers, motors, generators, and drives
- Mechanical - Typical components consist of fittings, bearings, valves, pumps, and packing
- I&C - Typical systems consisting of motor and valve monitoring and diagnostic systems
- Collaborate with engineering and other technicians on analysis of results and application of test methods
- Develop understanding of calibration requirements
- Develop understanding and use of quality program manual, procedure adherence, and applicable operating instructions
- Train with and develop technical knowledge and skills from senior technicians and engineers receiving assistance and instructions on unusual or more complex features and possible solutions
- Performing material preparation of samples (i.e. assembly, cutting, grinding, polishing) in order to execute required testing
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Technical Specialist I: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 0-2 years of related technical experience.
- Technical Specialist II: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 2-4 years of related technical experience.
- Technical Specialist III: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 4-6 years of related technical experience.
- A trade certificate and/or associate degree with a focus in electrical application.
- General knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and I&C components (i.e. fuses, capacitors, relays, breakers, fittings, bearings, valves)
- Ability to safely use tools (i.e. saw, grinder, solder, polisher, meters, power supplies)
- Ability to work per instructions and drawings
- Proficient communications skills including the ability to comprehend and convey technical data
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships and work on a team
- Solid problem identification and resolution skills
- Willing to work in Lynchburg, VA
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- 2-5 years of experience in the electrical field.
- Associates degree of technical trade school graduate
- Experience working in lab environment with testing experience
- Experience working with electrical components
- Team oriented with willingness to perform in variety of roles to complete challenging technical tasks.
- Ability to work to procedures
- Willing to develop an understanding of Eagle (or similar programs) and PCB design
- Willing to develop knowledge of I&C signal conditioning and applications
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Temporary
Job Number: 360-378
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Test Technician I-III (Temp to Full Time) (360-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US