Health Safety Technician II-IV (346-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 299
Framatome is seeking a Health & Safety Technician for our Mount Athos Road location in Lynchburg, VA.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Protects employees, the public and environment from the effects of ionizing radiation through the performance of licensed and procedurally required tasks such as:
- Performs radiological surveys using portable and laboratory instruments.
- Prepares and receives domestic and international radioactive material shipments.
- Performs portable and laboratory instrument calibration using point source and inverse square law mathematics.
- Performs efficiency checks, plateau, chi squared, and MDA determinations of portable and laboratory instruments.
- Ensures work areas and operations are in compliance with work permit requirements and regulations.
- Prepares Radiation Work Permits (RWPs).
- Performs environmental sampling and analysis.
- Performs tasks associated with internal and external dosimetry program requirements.
- Carry out directions of Radiation Monitoring Team Captain or RSO in the event of an emergency or drill.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Health & Safety Technician II - High School diploma with 2-4 years experience in the field and complete the fundamental Health Physics courses.
- Health & Safety Technician III - High School diploma with 5-7 years experience or Associates Degree in Biological or Physical Sciences with 4 years of applied health physics experience.
- Health & Safety Technician IV - High School diploma with 8+ years experience or Associates Degree in Biological or Physical Sciences with 5 years of applied health physics experience.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Well rounded in all core areas in Radiation Protection such as job coverage, radiological surveys, instrument calibration, dosimetry, and transportation.
- Strong knowledge of occupational safety regulations.
- National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologist (NRRPT) certification (active or inactive)
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 346-378
Community / Marketing Title: Health Safety Technician II-IV (346-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US