Engineer IV (332-378)
Location: Mansfield, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 287
Framatome is looking for an Engineer to support project engineering work in Mansfield, MA. This position is responsible for performing software and hardware related engineering tasks. Implementing both software and hardware solutions using various platforms such as the Triconex PLC, Foxboro DCS and Wonderware InTouch.
Under general supervision, performs broad, complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods. Provides advanced technical support related to planning, designing, and analyzing. Provides engineering advice as needed and displays technical competence requiring minimal direction from higher level engineering staff.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Defines software and hardware design solutions for I&C project architectures based on customer requirements and product specifications;
- Acts as a project lead for a team of engineers and manages their project assignments as well as interfaces with the project manager and customer
- Performs routine and non-routine engineering assignments typically in areas of software and hardware design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing and preparation of specifications.
- Prepares detailed application, system, and hardware specifications based on client requirements.
- Solves a range of technical problems, analyzes solutions and assesses each using standard procedures.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making adaptations and modifications
- Support sales and proposal efforts
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering plus a minimum of 6 years of related engineering experience in the nuclear industry.
- Proven knowledge of Foxboro DCS and Triconex products an asset
- Cyber security for control systems is an asset
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Basic knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria; basic communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data; ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships; good problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Experience in creating nuclear documentation and requirements tracing (IEEE-1012).
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Operate computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Good Eyesight (with or without glasses)
Travel: Domestic and International travel is up to 20%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 332-378
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer IV (332-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mansfield, Massachusetts US