Supervisor I, Tech Ops/Supervisor Tech Ops (331-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 285
The RCP field services group has projects from Advice and Consultation to turn key pump and motor replacements. The organization owns and maintains support tooling and equipment needed in the execution of the work. Typical tasks are seal replacements, pump replacements, motor replacements, motor Preventative Maintenance (PM's), pump case machining, bolt stretch, and onsite motor refurbishment.
The Supervisor I, Tech Ops/Supervisor Tech Ops position oversees the Pump and Motor Services Field work activities. Plans and directs support personnel who perform nuclear plant maintenance work at our utility partners' facilities. The supervision role involves providing technical guidance to subordinates and assists in resolution of non-routine problems.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serves as the one point contact for site management teams contacting the group for services and assists the sales organization with development of work scopes and staffing strategies.
- Deploys to project sites at the beginning and during the outages to ensure management expectations are met.
- Ensures qualified and or suitable employees are deployed and the meet the customers' expectations.
- Review contract inputs and help determine crew sizes and equipment needed for projects.
- Creates an Electronic Log Book training manual, Electronic log book maintenance and set up of the systems deployed to site.
- Gather Customer feedback forms at the end of the projects
- Creates load boards for all deployments and supplies resources to the Pump & Motor Service Center when necessary.
- Ensures completion of lessons learned following each outage season and oversees implementation during subsequent outages.
- Create welcome packets for the assigned crew members for each site project.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience plus 10 years directly related experience.
- Expert knowledge of commonly used equipment, practices, procedures and concepts in this particular field.
- Typically requires specific nuclear reactor plant maintenance qualification training and certification.
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs, as required for specific roles.
- Good written/verbal skills; ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds, bend, stoop, and remain standing for extended periods of time.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Has or has had unescorted Rad Worker Access to nuclear sites in the U.S.
- Candidate has worked with rigging gear and cranes. (Loads at the PMSC and project sites are up to 110,000 lbs.)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel)
- The candidate has a strong background for Safety, Customer Satisfaction, Problem Solving, Building Peer Relationships, Integrity and Trust, Dealing with Ambiguity, Technical Skills and Willingness to Learn on the Fly.
- Candidate has strong personnel skills and is confident in supervising/managing personnel.
- Highly motivated
- Reactor Coolant pump and motor experience is highly desired
- Previous experience managing or supervising a field organization or field projects is highly desired
- Previous experience working in the Pump & Motor Service Center is highly desirable
Travel: Domestic and International travel is up to 40%. Work is typically spring and fall and may require International travel. Work in the Pump & Motor shop in Lynchburg Virginia is also possible.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 331-378
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor I, Tech Ops/Supervisor Tech Ops (331-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US