Electrical Engineer II/III (324-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 281
Framatome is seeking an Engineer position in Richland, Washington with our Electrical Engineering Team. The Plant Engineering, Technical Support, and Maintenance Department supports nuclear fuel manufacturing. The group consists of three teams; Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Software Engineering.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and maintenance of industrial PLC control systems.
- Design electrical systems that satisfy applicable electrical standards, human factors, installation/cost, and maintenance best practices.
- Oversee field work including new installations, integration into existing systems, and troubleshooting as required.
- Start up, commissioning, operations, and maintenance of process and production equipment and associated facilities and support systems.
- Support of 24/7 fuel manufacturing facility in engineering projects and maintenance.
- The candidate will learn existing plant systems and support improvement projects and maintenance activities at an automated chemical processing and fuel manufacturing facility.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer II: BS in Engineering plus 2-3 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years). In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 year engineering degree.
- Engineer III: BS in Engineering plus 3-5 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years). In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 year engineering degree.
- Electrical Engineering degree or graduating senior in an ABET Accredited Electrical Engineering program.
- Good communication skills, must be able to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Strong problem identification/resolution/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability and desire to develop and maintain good interpersonal working relationships.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Previous internship or engineering assignment in a Projects or Maintenance role at an industrial or commercial facility.
- Familiarity with electrical standards (UL-508A, NFPA-70).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley PLCs
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 324-378
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer II/III (324-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US