Software Engineer II-IV (322-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 279
IB-Services (Stearns Roger Group) is a multi-disciplinary engineering group that provides maintenance, upgrade and design support for existing and new equipment at nuclear power facilities throughout the world. Our group specializes in the design and maintenance of fuel handling equipment for both BWR and PWR markets.
The IB-Services engineering group providing custom products for use by our own operations organization and for our utility customers to preserve the financial, safety, and environmental benefits of nuclear power, thus promoting the Framatome vision of providing access to cleaner, safer, and more economical energy to as many people as possible. This is accomplished through the talents of a mechanical, electrical, and software engineering team.
- Under broad supervision, performs more complex software engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods or resolution of conflicting objectives. Provides advanced technical support and guides and reviews the work of other team members. Typically leads the engineering software design or investigates new software designs for a project. Provides software engineering expertise in a narrow specialty. Reviews progress and updates management, as needed.
- Candidate must have a desire to work within a product development group developing advanced, custom software and hardware solutions for use in the nuclear service industry. The successful candidate will integrate into a multi-discipline team of engineers including mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. Activities range from development of new software applications and software processes to maintenance of existing systems.
- The successful candidate possesses exceptional technical writing skills and mastery of the English language.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. The candidate will demonstrate adaptability to different development tools as introduced.
- The successful candidate thrives in an environment that is fast paced and very much "hands on".
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Performs a variety of more complex software engineering assignments typically in areas of software design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, and execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Receives minimal assistance and instruction on most assignments and solutions.
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical tools, techniques, procedures, and criteria using sound judgment when making more complex adaptations and modifications.
- Develops new or adapted software products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to customers.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer II: BS in Electrical or CpE Engineering (Candidate with BS CpE must have strong hardware background) plus 2-5 years of computer programming experience.
- Engineer III: BS in Electrical or CpE Engineering (Candidate with BS CpE must have strong hardware background) plus 5-8 years of computer programming experience.
- Engineer IV: BS in Electrical or CpE Engineering (Candidate with BS CpE must have strong hardware background) plus 8+ years of computer programming experience.
- Candidate must be proficient in control system design.
- Candidate must be proficient in analog and digital controls.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in oral and written form.
Travel: Domestic travel is up to 10%. Typical deployments center around Spring/Fall outage windows and are typically scheduled, but not always.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 322-378
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II-IV (322-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US