Machinist I/II (320-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 277
Framatome is seeking a Machinist I/II for our Richland, WA group. The Production Machinist assembles and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment including CNC machines. They assemble parts into sub-units or complete units, use blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product meet required specification. Be competent to perform tasks that may impact health and safety in the workplace. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Performs all duties of this & lower machinist classification under general supervision and guidance.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Performs milling operations using indexing and 90 degree head.
- Interprets CNC program manuscripts/setup data & prepares CNCs for production operation, as required.
- Interprets drawings/specifications to understand component dimensional requirements & production sequence.
- Obtains initial & periodic independent over check inspections of machining steps performed.
- Operates CNCs per established guidelines as required to produce quality components at productive rates.
- Produces conventional machined milled/turned parts & tooling to accurate tolerances utilizing good shop practices.
- Routinely checks/gages own work and make adjustments within allowable limits to maintain specified tolerances.
- Immediately stops production & notifies supervision if out of tolerance conditions occur.
- Replaces dull/defective tools per supervisor's directives, accounts for and notifies supervisor of supplies needed.
- Performs routine chip removal, machine lubrication, coolant additions/clean-outs.
- Assists in routine maintenance of machines/equipment.
- Complies with all plant work rules, regulations and specific instructions, maintains required records, logs & documentation.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area.
- Suggests improvements in work methods & procedures.
- Performs other tasks, as assigned by supervisor such as assisting lower classification machinists in setups, operations & inspection methods when requested by supervisor.
- Properly handles hazardous materials.
- Inspects works of other Machinists as directed by the Supervisor.
- During lull periods of production, may be directed by management to support other business units and may include travel to nuclear sites.
- Play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and comply with all applicable safety and health rules.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Machinist I - High school diploma or its equivalent with at least 0-2 years of experience. Two year machine technology certificate preferred.
- Machinist II - High school diploma or its equivalent with at least 2-4 years of experience. Two year machine technology certificate preferred.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Demonstrated ability to read & understand basic drawings, oral & written instructions, and set-up instructions.
- CNC program manuscripts as required.
- Demonstrated ability to properly plan, perform calculations, layout, and select efficient cutting parameters for conventional machining of components/tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to use/interpret advanced shop inspection tools and manually record/computer input associated data.
- Be familiar with the company's safety and health policy and program.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 320-378
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist I/II (320-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US