Quality Engineer II (308-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 268
Framatome is seeking a Quality Engineer II to support our Bruce Power projects (High Voltage Projects and future pressure boundary projects) in Kincardine. Under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for performing inspections surveillance and auditing supplier and site processes and activities to ensure that appropriate controls have been defined and implemented to meet customer, regulatory and ISO/Z299.X/N299.X requirements. Incumbents must be familiar with fundamental Electrical Discipline (Transformers, High Voltage equipment, Breakers, Relays, motors, etc), QA concepts, practices and procedures and rely on experiences and judgment to perform tasks.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Plans, schedules and conducts independent assessments and surveillance of materials and products.
- Reviews documents, prepares checklists, conducts assessment interviews and prepares assessment reports.
- Ensures and documents that corrective actions are taken based on report findings.
- Reviews QA procedures to verify compliance with ASME , ANSI and NRC regulations.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of NRC or other pertinent regulations and industry codes and standards.
- Develops and implements nuclear and/or non-nuclear quality assurance procedures to be followed for design, procurement, construction and/or operation of materials and/or processes.
- Reviews quality assurance specifications, test reports and other documentation to ensure that safety and quality assurance requirements are met.
- May inspect and review contractors' and vendors' work for compliance with QA standards.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology plus a minimum of 2-4 years of related engineering experience with a strong preference for nuclear quality assurance background.
- Knowledge of basic related engineering and quality assurance standards, techniques and criteria.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend and convey technical data.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Good organization skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Strong experience in Electrical High Voltage experience.
- Electrical Engineering background.
- Pressure boundary, welding and mechanical knowledge is a plus and a differentiating asset between candidates.
Travel: Domestic and International travel - 10%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 308-378
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer II (308-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA