Principal Technical Specialist I (303-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 264
Framatome is seeking a Principal Technical Specialist I in our IB Canada Nuclear Service group in Kincardine. IB Canada Nuclear Service is a growth segment of the Canadian service business. The group will focus on expanding the Framatome US products and service in Canada as well as expanding outside our traditional offerings. This position will lead the Framatome valve assessment team(s) in the day to day operation including but not limited to resource assignments, internal and external issue resolution, technical review and approval of comprehensive work packages, provide daily status updates to management, provide mentorship to less experiences assessors, ensure training requirements are met for the assessment team(s).
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Under broad supervision, responsible for providing technical support and advice in analyzing and evaluating plant or field systems, equipment and programs.
- Provides resolution to moderately complex technical or engineering-related problems.
- May work in a variety of technical areas such as engineering, process computer support, maintenance and operations.
- Reviews progress and updates management, as needed.
- Provides supervision and mentorship to less experienced Technical Specialists.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree, plus a minimum of 8-10 years of related technical experience.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Holds current Bruce Power site access clearance, Bruce Power trained and qualified in Passport and/or Maximo,
- Demonstrated good leadership qualities
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge in a particular field of specialization
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
Travel: 50% Domestic and International travel
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 303-378
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Technical Specialist I (303-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA