Neutron Fluence and Radiation Transport Engineer (301-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 263
The NSSS organization is a technical unit of the Installed Base Engineering organization. The Nuclear Analysis section is responsible for safety analysis, methods development, reload support, radiation transport, criticality evaluations, and thermal-hydraulic support for operating plants.
Framatome is seeking an Engineer III/IV position in Lynchburg, VA that will support the Fluence Transport and Radiological Analysis group within IBPE Engineering. Job responsibilities will include performing calculations on projects supporting operating nuclear plants, fuel manufacturing facilities, and shipping of nuclear materials.
- Review plant drawings and build fluence or radiological models
- Develop Analytical Input Summary documents
- Develop Safety Grade calculations for Fluence and Dose Analyses
- Reactor Vessel Beltline Fluence
- LOCA dose
- Fuel Handling Accident
- Steam Generator Tube Rupture dose
- Decay Heat
- Interface with Outage Services for reactor vessel cavity dosimetry exchanges
- Develop Engineering Information Records
- Fuel Reload Cycle Disposition Safety Grade documents
- Engineering Dispositions
- FSAR Markups
- Develop Engineering Summary / Licensing Reports
- Summary documents of Calculations
- Licensing Reports that summarize calculations that the customer can transmit to US NRC
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer III - Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering or Physics plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related work experience.
- Engineer IV - Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering or Physics plus 5-7 years of relevant work experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related work experience.
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial academic transcript as part of your application. Transcripts can be added in the Profile Attachments section (Step 5) of the online application.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with programming, computer code simulation, MCNP, etc.
Travel: 10% domestic travel - typically visiting a customer office for a day trip or an industry conference a few times a year for 4-5 days.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 301-378
Community / Marketing Title: Neutron Fluence and Radiation Transport Engineer (301-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US