Security Guard I (297-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 259
Framatome Security responds to all security situations per NRC regulations, standing orders, and security procedures. Security is the emergency notification authority by contacting emergency dispatch, plant emergency personnel, and acts as call back contact for regulatory agencies. Security is the stewards of the company property.
Primary Responsibilities Includes:
- Perform security foot/vehicle patrols of buildings, perimeter fences/barriers, and inspections of packages/bags
- Control property exiting the facilities by assuring completion of proper passes
- Enforce regulations regarding the safeguards of proprietary and classified information
- Perform inspections of vehicles entering or leaving premises monitors activities outside the perimeter area by usage of surveillance equipment or physical patrol
- Assure all employees, visitors, and customers observe security rules and regulations
- Maintain the security database and ensures proper operation of the access control system; responsible for issuing badges to company personnel and contracted vendors
- Assist emergency team members as directed and performs duties as traffic control coordinator during emergencies
- Perform person and package searches (employee and non-employee); must play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace, aid in the observation of others compliance with safety rules, and comply with all applicable health and safety rules.
This position does not have a set schedule - they will be utilized to cover sick calls, vacations, and leave of absence or support staffing needs for special projects. When not covering shifts, this position is utilized to support day to day work. This includes day shift, night shift, weekends and holidays. The person filling this position must be very flexible with their availability.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic to semi-advanced computer skills are required.
- Must successfully complete the required security training which includes, weapons qualifications, and pass the psychological evaluation prior to start date.
- Must be able to qualify for access to Safeguards Information (SGI) prior to start date.
- Must be able to obtain a Washington State concealed pistol permit from LLEA prior to start date.
- Must become familiar with the company's safety and health policy and program. Job title/level will be determined on qualifications.
Physical Requirements: The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position, walk, kneel and crouch. Have the ability to operate a computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 297-378
Community / Marketing Title: Security Guard I (297-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US