Engineer II/III (293-378)
Location: Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 256
Framatome Products consists of the Nuclear Part Center (NPC) and Electrical & Mechanical Projects (EMP). NPC and EMP supply the nuclear industry with non-safety, augmented quality, safety, and commercial grade dedicated parts, components, and systems via our strategic supplier alliances.
The NPC portfolio spans a wide variety of products ranging from small-piece parts to larger components and complex assemblies. A significant portion of the NPC business includes procurement, stocking, and supplying safety related parts and components, which are designed and manufactured by our suppliers. In addition to procuring, stocking, and supplying parts, the NPC performs fabrication, assembly, refurbishment, commercial grade dedication, and qualification via our fabrication / assembly work shop and mechanical / electrical test lab. The NPC includes all functions to support the business, including Engineering, Technicians, Contract Administration, Inventory, Warehousing, and Transportation. Some of NPC suppliers include ASCO, Birns, Conval, Jeumont, Jonson Controls, Limitoque, Meggitt, NSSS & ASME Code Parts, Pentair, Stearns Roger, Technofast, TopWorx, Velan, and Chesterton.
The EMP supplies the nuclear industry with a wide variety of complex mechanical and electrical assemblies and systems. Typical projects consist of the circuit breakers, panel boards, motor control centers, motors, generators, variable frequency drives, heat removal systems, and cooling tower optimization fixtures. Delivery of these projects require significant technical and commercial oversight from engineering and project managers due to complexity.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop technical documentation associated with the procurement, execution, and delivery of various mechanical and electrical parts
- Develop commercial grade dedication packages, equipment qualification, and reverse engineering documents to support business needs
- Reviewing/accepting vendor documentation
- Technical interface with vendor; establishing relationships with technical counterparts at critical suppliers
- Technical reviews / acceptance of and compliance with customer RFQs and orders
- Technical interface with customer personnel
- Interface with internal Products personnel including Contract Administration, Inventory Control, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Test Technicians, Business Development, and other engineers.
- Participate in new product development
- Assignments and project execution will include but not limited to circuit breakers, relays, starters, contactors, transformers, motors, generators, and drives.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer II - Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering plus 2-3 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years).
- Engineer III - Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 3-5 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years).
- Proficient communications skills including the ability to comprehend and convey technical data
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships and work on a team
- Willing to perform a variety of roles to support organizational needs (i.e. technical, assembly, testing, warehouse)
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- 3-5 years of experience in new product design/development, product validation/testing, or in-field testing of electrical distribution equipment.
- Working knowledge of CAD/3D modeling software.
- Familiarity with ANSI/UL design standards for electrical distribution equipment.
- Specific working knowledge of electrical distribution equipment, with a primary focus on circuit breakers, starters, relays and motor control centers.
- Experience working in lab environment with testing experience.
- Experience working with mechanical and electrical components.
- Ability to work to procedures and interpret industry and regulatory standards, including but not limited to IEEE, ANSI, and ASTM.
- General working knowledge of mechanical/electrical components (i.e. fuses, capacitors, relays, breakers, fittings, bearings, valves) and ability to safely use tools (i.e. saw, grinder, solder, polisher, meters, power supplies).
Travel: Domestic travel is up to 20%. Travel will consist of visiting Framatome offices, customers, suppliers, and industry conferences.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 293-378
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer II/III (293-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania US