Production Support/Waste Technician II (277-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 242
The Waste Processing group of Production Support Product Center is responsible for handling, sorting, sampling, designating, labeling and shipping hazardous waste, radioactive waste, mixed waste and other waste streams. Numerous mechanical processes are utilized to accomplish these activities. Framatome is seeking a Waste Technician II (Production Support) for our Richland, WA location. This position is mainly a day shift position, requiring significant overtime at certain periods of the year.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Must function well as a member of a work team yet be able to work independently with little oversight.
- Must possess good communication and leadership skills to be responsive to needs of customers, to direct the work of the work crew and to train crew members in their duties as experience and knowledge are gained.
- Duties involve the handling and processing of solid waste materials from demolition projects and chemical solid waste residues.
- All assignments involve training to gain knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures, Process Specifications, Radiation Work Procedures, and Criticality Specifications.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of related experience in a strict quality assurance environment such as nuclear or chemical field is required.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities.
- Candidates should have prior fork lift experience.
- Experience with database operations (e.g. NIMS database, Waste Database, or other databases) is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Human Performance Tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access
- Handling of fissile material and chemicals is required.
- Use of protective clothing and respirator is required.
- Candidates must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and have the ability to read, write and conduct simple mathematical calculations.
- Good eyesight, manual dexterity and good physical condition are required.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop and remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of sensing various chemicals in the air by smell and sight. Must be able to verbally communicate in English clearly.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Forklift qualified or previous forklift experience
- Database experience (e.g. NIMS / LIMS, Waste database or other databases).
- Experience handling SNM containers, chemicals
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Self-starter, completes work without continual guidance
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 277-378
Community / Marketing Title: Production Support/Waste Technician II (277-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US