Production Support/Plant Support Technician II (278-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 241
The Plant Support group of Production Support Product Center is responsible for operating and maintaining support equipment used in the fuel manufacturing process, handling and transfer of SNM containers for outside storage or building transfer, tank farm operation and monitoring, and assist the waste group as needed. This candidate must function well as a member of a work team yet be able to work independently with little oversight.
Framatome is seeking a Plant Support Technician II (Production Support) for our Richland, WA location. The position is currently on a day/night shift schedule (week days). The candidate must be a self starter, dependable, quick learner with good retention, strong team commitment, must possess good communication skills, and be responsive to the needs of customers.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Operating plant support equipment required for fuel manufacturing (Hydrogen generators, De-ionized Water Building, etc.)
- Safe handling and transferring of SNM and chemicals (Nitric acid, Sodium Hydroxide, CO2, etc.)
- Managing ARF processes and perform monthly PMs. (Metals wash, TK716 backwash, monitor and pull scheduled samples from ARF proportional, scrape sand filters, 713A &B PMs)
- Managing chemical tank farm operation & PMs (retention tanks, waste tanks, sumps, etc.)
- All assignments involve training to gain knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures, Process Specifications, Radiation Work Procedures, and Criticality Specifications.
- Use of protective clothing and respirator is required.
- Experience with database operations (e.g. NIMS/LIMS databases, Waste Database, or other databases) is highly desirable.
- Candidates must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and have the ability to read, write and conduct simple mathematical calculations. Good eyesight, manual dexterity and good physical condition are required. Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop and remain in a standing position for extended periods of time. Must be capable of sensing various chemicals in the air by smell and sight. Must be able to verbally communicate in English clearly.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of related experience in a strict quality assurance environment such as nuclear or chemical field is required.
- Strong technical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Human Performance Tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Forklift qualified or previous forklift experience
- Database experience (e.g. NIMS / LIMS, Waste database or other databases).
- Experience handling SNM containers, chemicals
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Self-starter, completes work without continual guidance
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 278-378
Community / Marketing Title: Production Support/Plant Support Technician II (278-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US