Projects Operations and Project Manager IB Canada (264-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 228
Framatome is seeking a Projects Operations and Project Manager for our IB-Canada team in Kincardine and Pickering. As a member of the Framatome IB-Canada leadership team, this position will actively participate in the key business decision of the company and takes accountability for its success.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Implementing a sustainable Project Management infrastructure, culture and processes in support of IB-Canada projects portfolio.
- Securing and managing resources for assigned projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives.
As Project Operations Manager:
- Implement the project management infrastructure and culture, while promoting and facilitating effective planning and excellence in execution of proposals and projects.
- Ensure compliance with PM policies, procedures and practices for projects.
- Create a Project Management Culture which is pro-active and agile.
- Support as required PMs through the project planning and implementation for high risk, highly complex multiple product line projects.
- Continuous improvement (incl. simplification) of project management policies, procedures and guidelines that help ensure each project has a high probability of success.
- Work with senior management to develop/maintain PM forecasts; analyze resource requirements for project support functions to support needs.
- Identify the project management career path and promote Project Management Professional development and certification; Facilitate Project Manager Training and addressing PM certification needs.
- Manage all project support functions that are not assigned to a specific Business Line (including Project Managers, scheduler, and project coordinators).
- Implement and monitor KPIs related to project execution and set up a Visual Management Board tailored to the IB Canada needs.
- Liaison on behalf of Framatome Canada with IB-A Project Operations and Project Controls regarding Project management certifications, development, maintenance of project management standards, procedures, tools and techniques.
- Organizing and participation in project reviews and IB governance meetings
As Project Manager for assigned projects:
- Provides project leadership for major commercial design, construction, expansion, extension, refurbishment, supply or component replacement projects.
- Prepares project plans/schedules/materials to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and time objectives.
- Utilizes approved project management methods and processes to execute medium risk projects of existing technology and methods to meet client needs and expectations.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills to meet project objectives.
- Manages cash flow and ensures attainment of expected cash position; manages revenue and cost declarations.
- Providing project metrics on cost, schedule, quality and scope and participation in project and governance meetings.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Business or a technical discipline, plus 10 years of project management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of schedule techniques to direct project schedulers in order to obtain improved schedule performance including earned value techniques;
- Excellent knowledge of major PM plan development, implementation and administration including knowledge of sector and project processes, procedures and tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of staff and management, including senior level executives.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint);
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on "root cause" analysis;
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- BS in engineering with PMP certification (external candidates) and/or B-rated projects certified (internal candidates)
- Good knowledge of nuclear safety issues and requirements
Travel: 25% - Primarily between Pickering and Kincardine with occasional travel to the US. The position covers Canada operations, based either in Pickering or Kincardine, with frequent travel to the other office location.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 264-378
Community / Marketing Title: Projects Operations and Project Manager IB Canada (264-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA