Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 226
Framatome has a global Fuel Design organization that is responsible for the engineering of the company's fuel designs. Within this organization, the Mechanical Product Development & Testing group located in Richland, Washington has design ownership of Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) nuclear fuel assemblies and components delivered to commercial nuclear power plants from the Richland manufacturing facility. The primary responsibilities of this group include creation of the design drawings, specifications, and bills of material for the company's BWR fuel products; but they also provide support to manufacturing, analysis, testing, and PWR fuel design as needed. In addition, the group operates and maintains a product development test facility. Engineers are supported by technicians, an administrative assistant, configuration managers, and a drafter/designer in order to fulfil their responsibilities.
Framatome is seeking a Drafter/Designer in our Mechanical Product Development and Testing Group in Richland, WA. This highly motivated individual will create 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings of nuclear fuel components and assemblies, as well as drawings for tooling and fixtures used in manufacturing. As a Drafter/Designer, you will work closely with engineering and manufacturing which is located in Richland and other sites.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Under moderate supervision, prepares drawings and sketches using CAD workstations and appropriate design criteria and technical manuals.
- Works closely with engineers to ensure coordination of designs. Exhibits a full understanding of the materials and methods used in drafting while also possessing a basic understanding of the design and manufacturing processes.
- Ensures CAD models and drawings conform to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualification may be considered for higher level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent with completed coursework or training in drafting and CAD, plus 4-6 years of related experience. An A.A. degree may substitute for equivalent years of work experience.
- Proficient with 3D CAD methods.
- Must possess excellent personal interactive skills
- Ability to work in fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow procedures/specifications
- Ability to effectively prioritize, plan, and complete these tasks within schedule and budget constraints
- Be a good team player
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with Pro-E/CREO
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), ASME Y14.5 and ISO 1101
- Experience incorporating the requirements of various manufacturing processes into design drawings and solid models
- Experience working in the nuclear industry and familiar with nuclear safety and quality standards
- Experience working independently and with remote cognizant engineers
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 261-378
Community / Marketing Title: Drafter/Designer (261-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US