Quality Specialist III-IV (255-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 222
Framatome is looking for a Quality Specialist III-IV in Richland, WA. Under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for performing audits or surveillances of external suppliers and internal organizational activities to ensure that appropriate controls are being effectively implemented to meet internal, customer and regulatory requirements. Incumbents must be familiar with fundamental QA concepts, practices and procedures and rely on experiences and judgment to perform tasks.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conduct independent audits, commercial grade surveys or surveillances of external suppliers and internal organizations.
- Review documents, prepares checklists, conducts assessment interviews and prepares assessment reports.
- Ensure assessment findings are documented in corrective action program and reviews responses and verifies corrective actions are taken based on report findings.
- Review QA procedures to verify compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of NRC or other nuclear industry codes, standards or regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of nuclear and/or non-nuclear quality assurance procedures to be followed by the organization.
- Review quality assurance specifications, test reports and other documentation to ensure that safety and quality assurance requirements are met.
- May inspect and review suppliers work for compliance with QA standards.
- Capable of performing lead QA duties and may be required to obtain NQA-1 Lead Auditor Certification.
- Routinely interfaces with customers, both internal and external to Framatome to develop processes, solve issues and improve performance.
- Routinely acts as the Lead QA/QC representative for support of projects at Framatome, supplier or customer facilities.
- Maintain, revises and approves updates to Approved Supplier List.
- Prepare, review, and revise assessment procedures.
- Prepare, issue, and revise internal and external assessment schedules.
The MS&CI organization is responsible or participates in the following:
- Implementation of the Framatome Integrated Management System Manual
- Internal audit program
- Supplier assessment program
- Audits conducted by customers of Management System
- Audits conducted by certification bodies of Management System
- Corrective Action Program (CAP)
- Records Management
- Management Review
- Participate in design review boards
- Commercial grade dedication
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Quality Specialist III - BS plus 4-8 years of nuclear quality assurance experience or AS plus 6-8 years of nuclear quality assurance experience or HS plus 8-10 years of nuclear quality assurance experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
- Quality Specialist IV - BS plus 6-8 years of nuclear quality assurance experience or AS plus 6-8 years of nuclear quality assurance experience or HS plus 8-10 years of nuclear quality assurance experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Good to excellent verbal communication and writing skills are highly desired.
- Good to excellent knowledge or experience of Quality Assurance requirements is highly desired.
- Experience or current /previous qualification as NQA-1 lead auditor is highly desired.
- Experience or current /previous qualification as ANST NDE Level III is highly desired.
Travel: 10-20% - domestic travel.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 255-378
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Specialist III-IV (255-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US