Process Assistant I-III (242-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 219
Framatome is looking for a Process Assistant I-III in Richland, WA location. The Uranium Conversion and Recovery Technical Support group converts UF6 to UO2 powder to make press feed for the Ceramics Product Center. We process dirty Urania scrap through the ADU conversion process and help troubleshoot equipment/correct process problems and support equipment upgrades and process upgrades. In addition, our group provides support for new processes and products, along with making run parameters for conversion processes. We also communicate with and provide instructions to Operations personnel to assure uranium handling and processing is performed in accordance with Safety requirements. Perform product characterization of powder and pellets and collect/analyze long term production data (e.g. scrap rates, production metrics, etc.).
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviews reports, processes paperwork, and reports anomalies.
- Assists in preparation of process parameters.
- Assists in troubleshooting production issues.
- Maintains production database as required - data entry.
- Monitors material inventories and defines recovery paths based on group objectives.
- Develops feed lists for material recovery lots.
- Performs laboratory testing, specifically pelletizing and pellet characterization.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Process Assistant I: High School diploma plus 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area (An Associate Degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience).
- Process Assistant II: High School diploma plus 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area (An Associate Degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience).
- Process Assistant III: High School diploma plus 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area (An Associate Degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience).
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Previous experience in an operating a chemical facility
- Previous hands-on experience in pelletizing processes
- Data mining experience using custom SQL based software applications (NIMS)
- Report generation experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong multitasking aptitudes
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 242-378
Community / Marketing Title: Process Assistant I-III (242-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US