Manufacturing Technician II (251-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 216
Framatome is hiring a Manufacturing Technician II in Richland, WA. The Uranium Conversion and Recovery product center is responsible for the conversion of UF6 to UO2 powder and the recovery of Uranium from various scrap and waste streams. Numerous mechanical and chemical processes are utilized to accomplish these activities.
- The positions will require rotating shift work and will include occasional overtime.
- Candidates must function well as members of the work team.
- Duties will vary according to the specific area to which employees are assigned; however, all assignments involve training to gain knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures, Process Specifications, Radiation Work Procedures, Criticality Specifications, and Quality Control Standards. Handling of fissile material and chemicals is required.
- Use of protective clothing and respirators are required.
- Candidates must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and have the ability to read, write and conduct simple mathematical calculations.
- Good eyesight, manual dexterity and good physical condition are required.
- Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop and remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of sensing various chemicals in the air by smell and sight.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in English in a clear and understandable manner.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Previous chemical processing experience and radiological work experience are significant advantages.
- Candidates must practice safety, be dependable, show initiative, have some mechanical aptitude, and produce good quality work.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 251-378
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Technician II (251-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US