I&C Specialty Systems/Software Engineer II-IV (247-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 209
The I&C Business Unit (I&C BU) focuses on the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved reliability, safety, and extended plant life. The Specialty I&C Engineering (ICTUE) organization within the I&C BU designs and manufactures I&C solutions, replacement parts, upgrade components, software development, and general I&C engineering. Our safety and non-safety related commercial and government nuclear products are varied and involve projects that include board level design all the way up to systems integration.
In addition to maintaining these product lines and supporting new builds and refurbishments, the I&C Engineering organization also supports systems engineering functions on its own products and services as well as offering systems engineering functions such as V&V, FMEA, reliability calculations, commercial grade dedication, and qualification.
The I&C Engineering group performs the following tasks (including but not limited to):
- Project Execution and Reporting
- Technical Document preparation and review, including: Lifecycle Plans, Quality Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design Descriptions, Task Letters (guiding the work performed within the group toward the production of deliverable systems), Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports
- For Systems/Software Engineering:
- Software development in a high-level programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, or LabView
- Systems Engineering exercises such as Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Verification and Validation (V&V), and other tools and best practices
- Cyber Security support (both locally and for systems deployed at customer plants)
- Digital interfaces to plant systems
- Reverse Engineering (hardware and software)
- Project Engineering and Task Leadership/Oversight
- Configuration Management (both hardware- and software-related)
- Research & Development (R&D) of new products, technologies, and processes
- Performing training, both at Framatome and on customer site, supporting the systems provided by the organization
- Cross-collaboration with other Framatome I&C organizations, as well as other engineering organizations across Framatome as a whole, both locally and globally
- Supporting all Framatome initiatives, such as Design to Cost (DTC), Operational Excellence (OpEx), and other safety, quality, and delivery related directives
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer II: BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Engineering Mathematics/Physics, or Systems Engineering plus 2-3 years of computer programming experience.
- Engineer III: BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Engineering Mathematics/Physics, or Systems Engineering plus 3-5 years of computer programming experience.
- Engineer IV: BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Engineering Mathematics/Physics, or Systems Engineering plus 5-7 years of computer programming experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Ability to utilize laboratory equipment such as Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, and Power Supplies
- Classroom/Lab experience involving software and hardware integration
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills
- Soft skills: time management, problem solving, customer-focused attitude, working to a prescribed budget, teamwork, task ownership and execution
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Systems/Software Engineering
- Coursework or other experience with a high level programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, or LabView
- PLC Programming experience
- Experience with Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Verification & Validation (V&V), and other standard Systems Engineering tools/methods
- Project Management/Project Engineering experience
- Engineer II-IV position available with appropriate work experience in this field
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 247-378
Community / Marketing Title: I&C Specialty Systems/Software Engineer II-IV (247-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US