Electrical Motor Engineer - Principal Engineer (226-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 184
The PMSC engineering organization is a technical unit of the Installed Base Component Replacement and Repair Organization. PMSC engineering is responsible for generating all documentation required to refurbish customer contaminated equipment, in particular pumps and motors. PMSC engineering also support the Field Services organization while they are deployed to Nuclear Power Plants, as well as customers should they have any question or issue needing resolution.
The position will support the Pump and Motor Service Center Engineering Group. Job responsibility consists of leading motor refurbishment projects as the Project engineer. This consists of reviewing customer specifications, writing documentation package to support motor refurbishments, generating incoming inspection reports and end of remanufacturing reports, interfacing with customers, traveling to vendors for technical surveillance and manufacturing/testing witness, resolving technical issues through the Framatome Corrective Action Program. Position is located in Lynchburg, VA (Mill Ridge Road Office) and cannot be worked remotely.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering plus 7-10 years of motor refurbishment/stator remanufacturing related experience.
- An advanced degree may be substituted for related exp. (MS 1-2 yrs. or PhD 1-3 yrs.).
- In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of a 4 yr. engineering degree.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with Motor refurbishment industry
- Experience with Stator remanufacturing
- Oriented, Results Orientation, Communication Skills, Learning on the fly, Technical Knowledge, Change Management, Leadership, Customer Orientation Experience with Thermography Testing and other stator assessment testing techniques
- Experience with component balancing software, vibration monitoring software
- Experience with Word and Excel
- Experience with Solidworks and Smarteam
Travel: Domestic travel - up to 20%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 226-378
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Motor Engineer - Principal Engineer (226-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US