Engineer IV (MK1119CD)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 163
Framatome Inc. has an opening for an Engineer IV in Lynchburg, Virginia and various, unanticipated sites throughout the U.S.
- Lead highly skilled and experienced team of Engineers and Technicians in Distributed Control System Design, Installation, Testing and System Commissioning for Digital Control and Safety System for Nuclear Power Station.
- Lead project schedule, resources, budget and quality tracking for software development and implementation for installation in Nuclear Power industry.
- Oversee the preparation of and prepare detailed hardware/software specifications on company products.
- Approve, review and develop SIL3 and SIL4 software application, system hardware design, and develop and test man machine interface design for nuclear safety system, mission critical process application and various balance of plant control system.
- Utilize the Triconex product and Foxboro I/A (Intelligent Automation) Series product.
- Support effectiveness of the quality assurance program.
- Oversee the planning and development, and execute verification and validation component test execution (V&V System or V&V Acceptance or V&V Integration).
- Oversee the preparation of and prepare detailed engineering estimates for potential projects.
- Plan and implement monitoring, measuring, analysis and improvement processes to continually improve the coordination of communications programs to disseminate company strategy, policy and standards of practice information to the Nuclear team.
- Coordinate the staffing and scheduling of in-house and field training for the Nuclear team.
- Ensure that training programs being provided to the customer meet customer objectives.
- Interact with sales team to provide appropriate documentation to satisfy customer requirements.
- Meet with customers and support installation and testing activities. Lead a team within the U.S. and lead personnel abroad as necessary.
- This position will supervise 1-8 professional employees at the project level, who are in the occupation/hold the titles of Engineer I, Engineer II, Engineer III, and Engineer IV.
- Employer will accept Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related technical field, and eight years of work experience in job offered, or eight years of work experience in an engineering-related occupation. Alternatively, employer will accept Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related technical field, followed by ten years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered, or ten years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in an engineering-related occupation.
- Experience must include the following: 1) Integration and application of Distributed Digital Control Systems; 2) Design and implementation using Triconex TS1131 products hardware and software; 3) Creating complex software programs using custom function blocks within TS1131; 4) Preparing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA); 5) Preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) or Project Traceability Matrix (PTM); 6) Applying guidance from and assuring compliance within NRC Regulatory Guides, ASME Nuclear Quality Assurance -1 (NQA-1) Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications, IEEE standards, and IEC 61508 & 61511; 7) Preparing System Requirements Specifications (SyRS), Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and Software Design Descriptions (SDD) for commercial nuclear industry; 8) Preparing Hardware Requirements Specifications (HRS) and Hardware Design Descriptions (HDD); 9) Hardware selection of and integration of Safety related PLC for nuclear facilities; 10) Utilizing Emulator Test Driver (ETD) and Enhanced ETD using Cape hardware on the Triconex control and protection systems; 11) Design and implementation using Foxboro I/A Series DCS products such as I/A hardware, Foxview, FoxDraw, ICC, IACC, Historian, Foxboro Control Software; 12) HLBL, UNIX and Ladder Logic programming languages; 13) Wonderware In-Touch software programming; 14) Other DCS systems (e.g. Honeywell Experion PKS); and, 15) Development or configuration of Field Device System Integrators (FDSI). Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable. Must be available to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States. May telecommute from home.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: MK1119CD
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer IV (MK1119CD)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US