Stearns Roger Services Field Service Representative I - III (Part Time) (84-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 95
The Stearns Roger Services Product Line provides field support to US utilities in the preparation, execution and improvement of refueling outages specifically associated with equipment that is used to move fuel. The group is made up of engineers and technicians (full time, peak, and contractors) that constitute a team to provide these services. Major component types: bridges with trolleys that move in 2 directions, hoists for vertical movement, PLC controls, motors with variable speed drives.
Framatome is seeking a Stearns Roger Services Field Service Representative (part-time) for our office located in Lynchburg, VA. Part-time is working 2-3 months in the Spring and 2-3 months in the Fall, fluctuating with the work load.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Support refueling equipment during pre-outage/outage contracts
- Support design, engineering, manufacturing, testing, and installation of refueling equipment upgrades
- Perform instructor activities, when needed
- Interface with the clients and troubleshoot equipment in the field
- Support AREVA Stearns Roger Services Leak Detection and Repair Projects
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Conducts routine and non-routine tasks, operates specialized equipment, takes measurements, extracts and compiles data regarding equipment and process performance; collates data on task and outage performance
- Develops calculations, tables, reports and related data; maintains maintenance logs and certification documents
- Develops maintenance procedures, problem reports, field schedules and task close out reports, as needed
- Participates in planning and executing projects; assists in preparation of proposal and procurement documents
- May provide input to training materials and may conduct training, as needed
Typical projects include:
- Refueling Equipment service/troubleshooting and onsite upgrade installations during pre-outage/outage deployments
- Assist in the design of upgrades and manufacturing of electrical/mechanical equipment. The equipment may be semi-/fully-automated and associated hoists, pumps and motors and control systems
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Field Service Rep I: High School Diploma, or equivalent education.
- Field Service Rep II: High School Diploma, or equivalent education plus 2-4 years of related experience.
- Field Service Rep III: High School Diploma, or equivalent education plus 4-6 years of related experience.
- Previous experience with Electrical components, I&C and/or mechanical
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors and customers
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs, as required for specific roles
- Complies with all applicable safety and health rules including personal dose compliance.
- Work flexible hours and shifts, as required, to ensure timely service
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, climb ladders and scaffolding, pass a crane operator physical, and pass a respirator physical.
- Must be willing to travel 75% to support outage related work
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Convey technical concepts in an easily understood manner. Clear and concise verbal and written communications.
- Strong debugging, organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to coordinate others to accomplish objectives.
- Strong electro-mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills including PLC controls using ladder logic
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude and creative ability; self-motivated; strong technical writing skills.
- Advanced PC skills, word processing, scheduling, spreadsheets.
- I&C experience.
Travel: Seasonal 75% domestic travel.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 84-378
Community / Marketing Title: Stearns Roger Services Field Service Representative I - III (Part Time) (84-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US