Field Service Rep IV (Reactor Coolant Pump & Motor Technician) (330-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 286
Framatome is looking for a Field Service Representative IV for our Reactor Coolant Pump group located in Lynchburg, VA. The RCP group has projects from Advice and Consultation to turn key pump and motor replacements. We have our own equipment we maintain and take to site. Typical tasks are seal replacements, pump swap, motor swap, motor PM's, pump case machining, bolt stretch, and onsite motor refurb. Typical projects include integrated outages with overall RCP scope down to single person advisor roles. The roles may change from site to site where you may be a lead at one project, but on the crew at the next.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and replacement of Reactor Coolant Pumps, motors, and seals.
- Installs, troubleshoots, assembles and disassembles, repairs and maintains tooling and equipment at plant sites; this include equipment associated with reactor coolant pumps and motors.
- Conducts routine to very complex tasks, operates specialized equipment, takes measurements, extracts and compiles data regarding equipment and process performance.
- Maintains maintenance logs and certification documents.
- Develops maintenance procedures, problem reports, field schedules, and task close out reports, as needed.
- Participates in planning and executing projects; assists in preparation of proposal and procurement documents.
- May provide input to training materials and may conduct training, as needed.
- Complies with all applicable safety and health rules including personal dose compliance.
- Works flexible hours and shifts, as required, to ensure timely service. Work is typically spring and fall and may require international travel.
- May require extensive travel to a variety of regional and remote job sites.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent education plus 6+ years of related experience. Additional related training/education may be a substitute for comparable years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of commonly used equipment, practices, procedures and concepts in a particular field.
- Typically requires specific nuclear reactor plant maintenance qualification training and certification.
- Knowledge of company and industry safety and health policies and programs, as required for specific roles.
- Good written/verbal skills; ability to effectively communicate with staff, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to comprehend instructions, policies, procedures and guidelines required to perform assigned tasks.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds, bend, stoop, and remain standing for extended periods of time.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience with Reactor Coolant Pumps and Motors is key to fill the position. Must be flexible and able to be part of a crew, and sometimes leading a crew.
- Mechanic, Electrician, and/or Machinists experience is a plus.
Travel: Up to 40%. Work is typically in the Spring and Fall; may require International travel. Working in the Pump & Motor shop in Lynchburg, Virginia is also possible.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Part-Time
Job Number: 330-378
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Rep IV (Reactor Coolant Pump & Motor Technician) (330-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US