Electrical Design Engineer II-IV (317-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 276
IB-Services (Stearns Roger Group) is a multi-disciplinary engineering group that provides maintenance, upgrade and design support for existing and new equipment at nuclear power facilities throughout the world. Our group specializes in the design and maintenance of fuel handling equipment for both BWR and PWR markets.
The IB-Services engineering group providing custom products for use by our own operations organization and for our utility customers to preserve the financial, safety, and environmental benefits of nuclear power, thus promoting the Framatome vision of providing access to cleaner, safer, and more economical energy to as many people as possible. This is accomplished through the talents of a mechanical, electrical, and software engineering team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate and eventually lead hardware/software development for various control systems, for projects ranging from small to large.
- Identify new applications and opportunities to improve existing processes
- Participate and eventually lead all aspects of the hardware/software life cycle:
- Development of hardware technical requirements
- Evaluating and complying with industry codes and standards (ex., NEC)
- Implementation of requirements
- Formulation of acceptance criteria
- Writing testing and validation documentation
- Development of user manuals
- Overseeing fabrication and construction of equipment
- Perform acceptance testing in accordance with acceptance criteria
- Overseeing and conducting testing and qualification of equipment
- Support hardware maintenance in the form of improvement implementation and, at times, hands on maintenance
- Support products by on-site presence
- Ownership of project budget and scheduling for assigned tasks
- Participate in team environment on medium to large projects.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Engineer II - BS in Electrical or CpE Engineering (Candidate with BS CpE must have strong hardware background) plus 2 - 3 years of engineering experience.
- Engineer III - BS in Electrical or CpE Engineering (Candidate with BS CpE must have strong hardware background) plus 3 - 5 years of engineering experience.
- Engineer IV - BS in Electrical or CpE Engineering (Candidate with BS CpE must have strong hardware background) plus 5 - 7 years of engineering experience.
- Proficient in control system design
- Proficient in analog and digital controls.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in oral and written form.
- Must have a desire to work within a product development group developing advanced, custom software and hardware solutions for use in the nuclear service industry.
- Will integrate into a multi-discipline team of engineers including mechanical, electrical, and software engineers. Activities range from development of new processes to maintenance of existing systems.
- Possess exceptional technical writing skills and mastery of the English language.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently. The candidate will mentee with a senior engineer to develop hardware solutions in a variety of fields to meet the needs of industrial controls equipment required in the nuclear service industry. The candidate will demonstrate adaptability to different development tools as introduced.
- Thrives in an environment that is fast paced and very much "hands on".
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Control design experience including circuit design.
- PLC design experience; both system design (PLC) and programming (HMI).
- Motion controller / drive tuning.
- Troubleshooting / field experience.
- Verification and Validation experience
- Candidate must be familiar with inter-disciplinary design combining mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronics, electrical, software, etc.
Travel: Seasonal domestic travel (10%). Typical deployments center around Spring/Fall outage windows and are typically scheduled, but not always.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 317-378
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Design Engineer II-IV (317-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US