Project Manager (315-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 273
Framatome is seeking a Project Manager for our Lynchburg, VA office. Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for securing and managing resources for moderately complex Level "C" single product line commercial projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives. Typical projects involve providing nuclear plant refuel outage services including reactor disassembly/reassembly, fuel offload/reload, inspections, repairs and other services as needed to ensure the reliability and long term performance of customer assets.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provides project leadership for nuclear plant refueling, NDE and outage service projects.
- Strong project management skills, combined with a proven experience with outage service projects in the nuclear field.
- Proficient in managing low to medium complexity projects, in compliance with applicable project management methods and processes to meet client needs and expectations.
- Responsible for project execution, development of project plans/schedules/procurement strategies to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Monitors overall execution of project activities, risks, customer's expectations and compliance with customer's requirements for project reporting and performance measurement.
- Manages the timely issuance and payment of customer invoices.
- Manages cash flow and ensures attainment of expected cash position.
- Main Point of Contact for general commercial discussions associated with the project.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Monitors man-hour reports and accuracy of project charges.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or similar field, or related experience in lieu of degree, plus 10-12 years of project work experience.
- Incumbents should be working on or have achieved, and continue to maintain Framatome Project Management Certification. Must meet all requirements for Framatome Level C certification.
- Previous experience with managing nuclear plant refuel outage service projects requiring support from reactor service and NDE technicians is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management concepts, processes, procedures and tools
- Good knowledge and understanding of nuclear safety issues and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff & management
- Excellent working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on "root cause" analysis;
- Excellent report development and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience and understanding of nuclear plant refueling outage processes.
Travel: Domestic travel is up to 20% to customer sites.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 315-378
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager (315-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US