Product Manager I-III (309-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 269
Framatome's Installed Base Business Unit is responsible for all types of services and maintenance activities for commercial nuclear operating plants. IB Sales manages the sales activity to increase order volume while maximizing Framatome's long term profitability for the worldwide Installed Base Business by leveraging its competitive position and cultivating relationships to selectively win new business and maintain existing business. The IB Sales organization provides leadership and management of company sales functions to achieve sustainable commercial objectives. It develops and implements sales and marketing strategies to increase sales, margins, and sales process efficiency through a global approach, using synergies between regions.
The IB Products and Engineering (IBPE) Business Unit focuses on performing essential engineering tasks, as well as providing critical electrical and mechanical products and replacement parts to the fleet. Examples of engineering tasks include but are not limited to: risk based programs engineering (PRA, 50.69, STIE), license renewal activities, NSSS design and analysis, modification design and analysis, and more. Examples of products provided include circuit breakers, motor control centers, motors and drives, heat removal systems etc. This position is focused on the engineering piece of the IBPE to drive external sales in focused market segments, though it can be expanded in the future to sell associated products as well.
Framatome is seeking a Product Manager for our Cranberry, PA or Lynchburg, VA locations. This position will report to the Sales Director, IBPE. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify appropriate customer contacts to promote IBPE products and services.
- Develop, maintain and manage customer relationships in order to identify potential BL sales or multi-BL sales offers, working closely with other internal stakeholders.
- Identify new and maintain existing customer opportunities, their specific status and relevant commercial information in the designated opportunity tracking database(s).
- Provide market & competitor analysis, and market pricing recommendations for individual proposals.
- Proposal development, executive summaries and business cases including value propositions and pricing recommendations.
- Develop and communicate marketing strategy, customer messages and advertising campaigns, in conjunction with Marketing.
- Lead/support proposal presentations and customer discovery meetings along with identifying and involving the required Business Line responsible for technical knowledge regarding the opportunity.
- Prepare and deliver customer proposals following the established Business Development processes. This includes proposal preparation, review, approval and submittal.
- Develop contract negotiation plans in cooperation with the Sales Area VP and the Business Line, and assist or lead the negotiations.
- Work closely with the IBPE Engineering Business Line which is ultimately responsible for profitability and execution of scope.
- Represent IBPE A Sales when interacting with other internal stakeholders to develop sales plans, capture strategies, and decision maps, etc.
- The primary metrics for this position are: Order Bookings (OIT), Margin on Contract (MoC), Leads and Customer Interfaces.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Product Manager I: BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 5 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Product Manager II: BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 7-10 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Product Manager III: BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 10-12 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Must have ability to lead and work as part of a team and often with little day-to-day supervision.
- Must have a good understanding/general knowledge of the entire plant system.
- Must have prior experience either in commercial nuclear industry or sales.
- Must be a high energy, goal driven individual.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management (both internal and customer).
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly and work well as part of a team.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Financial savvy, with experience negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering sales results and meeting/exceeding goals.
- Existing external customer relationships.
- Experience developing, writing and executing business plans, commercial plans, and opportunity capture plans.
- Existing sales experience in engineering functions for the nuclear industry
Travel: 50% - Domestic travel. This is a position that includes all phases of the sales process; lead generation, opportunity mining, strategy development, proposal preparation and sales closure.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 309-378
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager I-III (309-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US