Manufacturing Technician I (307-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 267
Ceramic Operations processes UO2 powder into finished uranium pellets for loading into Framatome's fuel rods. There are four steps in Ceramics processing: pressing, sintering, grinding, and inspection. Ceramics makes three basic pellet types used in both PWR and BWR reactors: UO2 and UO2-Gd2O3. For the last pellet type, Ceramics also performs the powder blending and preparation steps. Ceramic Operations is comprised of approximately 70 people working in both the UO2 building and the Specialty Fuels building. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds, bend stoop and remain standing for long periods of time.
Framatome is seeking a Manufacturing Tech I for our Ceramics Operations Product Center in Richland, Washington. Duties will vary according to the specific area to which you are assigned, but all areas include the following:
- May perform portions of work center activities in conjunction with higher grade technicians or direct Supervision.
- May perform basic operation of pellet press, grinder, and pellet inspection activities.
- Move material and product in the work area by proper handling methods.
- Required to work around radioactive and/or corrosive chemicals and must be able and willing to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment including respiratory protection when required.
- Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High school diploma or its equivalent, plus 3 years of related experience.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and have the ability to read, write and conduct simple mathematical calculations.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop and remain in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Must be proficient in computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, WebCap, DCM and SAP.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts for an operation that run 24/7.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 307-378
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Technician I (307-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US