Product Center Manager - Production Support (305-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 265
The Production Support Product Center provides laboratory analyses for all waste and process samples generated on the Framatome Richland site. The analytical results from process samples are used to evaluate, release and ship product to customers. The analytical results from waste samples are used to direct waste management activities, including packaging and shipping, in order to handle and dispose waste in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
Framatome is seeking a Product Center Manager - Production Support for our Richland, WA location. Production Support Product Center includes Analytical Services and Plant Support & Waste. The group counts approximately 29 employees (lab specialists, manufacturing technicians, chemists and process engineers) to support production activities and ensure product quality.
- Analytical Services - provides analyses in support of Horn Ridge Road (HRR) Operations. These include analyses on uranium powder and pellets, physical testing on components, and testing of effluents and bioassay samples. Analytical Services also provides analyses in support of R&D projects.
- Plant Support & Waste - provides essential services in support of HRR Operations. These include outside transport and storage of uranium powder and pellets, site radioactive and hazardous waste management, site bulk chemical management, support equipment operations, radioactive combustible waste incineration, plant sewer support and oversight for contaminated laundry operations.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensures operations within the Product Center are performed in a safe and regulatory compliant manner as set forth in the HRR Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Special Materials License, HRR Fundamental Nuclear Material Control Plan (FNMCP) but also as defined by WA Department of Ecology (Environmental Laboratory Accreditation & Dangerous Waste Regulations [Chapter 173-303 WAC]), WA Department of Health (Low-Level Radioactive Waste Site Use Permit) and Department of Transportation (Title 49 Parts 100 to 177 Parts 178 to 199).
- Manages the successful financial performance of the Product Center, including goal setting, budgeting, capital purchases and identification of R&D needs.
- Provides management direction to provide high quality services to internal and external customers.
- Works closely with other Product Center management, shared services, and master planners to support overall plant and customer needs.
- Assists senior management with dealings between the manufacturing facility and the NRC and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensures effective staffing of the Product Center, provides direction and mentoring to Supervisory staff, promotes cross-training opportunities, and develops supervisory skills of direct reports.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or a Biological Science. If the Bachelor's Degree is in a field other than Chemistry or a Biology Science, the individual should have college-level credit hours sufficient to qualify for a minor in Chemistry or Biology [in order to meet WA Laboratory Accreditation qualification requirements for Laboratory Managers as defined in WAC 173-050-080 2a]
- Minimum of 10 years of closely related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and quality related procedures and processes.
- Proven strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to "coach" effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of financial tracking performance tracking.
- Demonstrated ability in proactive process improvements.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels within the company and customer organizations.
- Physical Requirement The employee must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position, walk, kneel and crouch.
- Operate computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 305-378
Community / Marketing Title: Product Center Manager - Production Support (305-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US