Manager, I&C Projects (299-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 262
The I&C Business Unit (I&C BU) focuses on the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved reliability, safety, and extended plant life. The organization within the I&C BU designs and manufactures I&C solutions, replacement parts, upgrade components, software development, and general I&C engineering. Our safety and non-safety related commercial and government nuclear products are varied and involve projects that include board level design all the way up to systems integration. In addition to maintaining these product lines and supporting new builds and refurbishments, the I&C organization also supports systems engineering functions on its own products and services as well as offering systems engineering functions such as IV&V, FMEA, reliability calculations, commercial grade dedication, and qualification.
Framatome is seeking a Manager of I&C Projects in Lynchburg, VA or Mansfield, MA. This position provides leadership and direction through subordinate project managers (project manager - principle PM's) for complex assignments. Envisions, defines and executes business plans at a section level for multiple cost centers and work groups. Provides advanced project management support; guides and reviews the work of a large organization of project managers and support staff. Reviews progress; updates senior management, on a frequent basis.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Through subordinate project managers and cost centers, ensures effective performance of complex project execution.
- Plans and directs the timely execution of project program oversight activities across the NA I&C CPL.
- Ensures projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies, objectives and customer standards.
- Develops and/or administers organization project execution standards and procedures for the group.
- Provides goals, objectives and standards of performance for assigned team members.
- Develops new or adapted processes, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to project execution and customers.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Provides regular reports to NA and Global BU leadership on project performance and Operational Excellence.
- Responsible for ensuring all project and execution annual goals for the BU are on track. Provides direction to own team and cross functional teams on how to achieve the goals and implements a recover plan if needed.
- Heavily engaged in cross functional group interfaces and alignments to ensure transitions and processes are efficient and effective.
- May manage projects in parallel to above duties.
- Works on other special projects, as directed.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS degree in Engineering/Project Management preferred, plus 15 years of project management experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience. (MBA/MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years).
- Advanced knowledge of related project management standards, techniques and criteria.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Experience in I&C project management preferred.
- Framatome level C PM Certification preferred.
Travel: Up to 35% - monthly travel to Framatome facilities, both domestic and international.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 299-378
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, I&C Projects (299-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US