Product Manager I-III (298-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 260
Framatome's Installed Base (IB) Business Unit is responsible for all types of services and maintenance activities for commercial nuclear operating plants. The IBA Sales team manages the sales activity to increase orders volume while maximizing Framatome's long term profitability for the worldwide Installed Base Business by leveraging its competitive position and cultivating relationships to selectively win new business.
The IB Global Sales Organization provides leadership and management of company sales functions to achieve sustainable commercial objectives. It develops and implements sales and marketing strategies to increase sales, margins, and sales process efficiency through a global approach, using synergies between regions.
Framatome is seeking a Product Manager for our Lynchburg, VA location. This position is responsible for supporting and managing business development activities for the Outage Services (IBO-A Sales) business line. The IBO-A business line is comprised of three (3) Product Lines - PWR Services, BWR Services, and Stearns Roger Services (SRS). The Product Manager position reports to the Director, IBO Sales.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage sales/proposal teams responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer proposals, negotiations and subsequent closing of contracts. Includes managing the bid review, proposal development, and pricing approval process through to contract award turnover to Project Management. Supporting all IBO Product Lines.
- Work closely with the IBO Business Line to support the profitability and execution of scope.
- Maintain and manage customer relationships on BL sales or multi-BL sales for integrated offers, working closely with other internal stakeholders.
- Proposal development, executive summaries and business cases including value propositions and pricing recommendations.
- Identify new and maintain existing customer opportunities, their specific status and relevant commercial information in the designated opportunity tracking database (SPEAK).
- Identify and develop integrated/cross-functional opportunities with other IB Business Lines (IBR, IBPE, and IBN, etc.).
- Lead/support proposal presentations and customer discovery meetings along with identifying and involving the required Business Line responsible for technical knowledge regarding the opportunity.
- Provide market & competitor analysis, and market pricing recommendations for individual proposals.
- Represent IBA Sales business development when interacting with other internal stakeholders to develop sales plan, capture strategies, and decision maps, etc.
- Implementation of Business Development processes, including ACE.
- Develop contract negotiation plans in cooperation with the IBO-A Sales Director, the IBO Business Line VP, and assist or lead the negotiations.
- Develop and communicate marketing strategy, customer messages and advertising campaigns, in conjunction with other members of the IBO team.
- The primary metrics for this position are: Order Bookings and Margin on Contract (MoC).
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 5 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Must have ability to lead and work as part of a team and often with little day-to-day supervision.
- Must have a good understanding/general knowledge of how refueling outages operate.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Engineering supervisory or management experience
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the nuclear industry
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Financial savvy, with experience negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering sales results, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Existing external customer relationships.
- Be a team leader and lead cross-functional, multi-discipline teams & work with all levels of personnel.
- Experience developing, writing and executing business plans, commercial plans, and opportunity capture plans (ACE Process).
Travel: Up to 35% domestic travel.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 298-378
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager I-III (298-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US