Engineer II/III (290-378)
Location: Lachine, Quebec CA
Job Number: 254
Framatome is looking for an Engineer II/III to support project engineering work in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This position is responsible for performing software and hardware related engineering tasks. Implementing both software and hardware solutions using various platforms such as the Triconex PLC, Foxboro DCS and Wonderware InTouch as well as PLCs such as Modicon. This position is to support projects for our Canadian customers such as Bruce Power as well as other US based customers in the nuclear industry.
Key functions are:
- Hardware design of cabinet assemblies and components and testing of implemented hardware solutions. Development of Hardware Design documents, Requirements documents, and Test Specifications.
- Software application implementation and software solutions using standard products such as Triconex, Foxboro DCS, Modicon and Wonderware. Development of Software Design documents, Requirements documents, and Test Specifications
Under general supervision, performs varied and more difficult engineering tasks requiring application of established techniques and procedures. Assignments involve responsibility for planning/conducting a complete task or portion of a larger project under direction of more experienced staff.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Defines hardware and software solutions for I&C projects based on customer requirements and product specifications;
- Performs routine and non-routine engineering assignments typically in areas of hardware and software application design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing and preparation of specifications.
- Prepares detailed application, system, and hardware specifications based on client requirements.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems, analyzes solutions and assesses each using standard procedures.
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Will be required to support work throughout the nuclear engineering lifecycle.
- Participates in on-site engineering, start-up and application commissioning
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering plus a minimum of 2-3 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience configuring Control Systems such as the Triconex, Foxboro DCS system, developing the software configuration and selecting and configuring the hardware.
- Experience with 3rd party interfaces and standard industry communication protocols.
- Experience with PLCs (Programmable Logic Computers) such as Modicon, Allen Bradley
- Experience in the nuclear industry or other regulated industry
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Operate computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Good Eyesight (with or without glasses)
- Foxboro DCS and Triconex experience.
- Modicon experience
- Nuclear Industry experience
- Professional Engineer either OIQ (Order of Engineers in Quebec) or PEO (Professional Engineer of Ontario)
Travel: Domestic travel is up to 20%. Travel will include customer site support, as well as travel to other Framatome locations.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lachine, Quebec, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 290-378
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer II/III (290-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lachine, Quebec CA