Sales Manager I-III – I&C Canada (282-378)
Location: Pickering, Ontario CA
Job Number: 246
The I&C Business Unit (I&C BU) focuses on the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved reliability, safety, and extended plant life. The organization within the I&C BU designs and manufactures I&C solutions, replacement parts, upgrade components, software development, and general I&C engineering. Our safety and non-safety related commercial and government nuclear products are varied and involve projects that include board level design all the way up to systems integration. In addition to maintaining these product lines and supporting new builds and refurbishments, the I&C organization also supports systems engineering functions on its own products and services as well as offering systems engineering functions such as IV&V, FMEA, reliability calculations, commercial grade dedication, and qualification.
Framatome is seeking a Product Sales Manager I-III for the Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Sales team, supporting Canada. Under broad supervision, this position will manage the company's strategic, marketing and business development activities for products, clients and/or services for the assigned product line/portfolio. They will define and develop new product/sales opportunities to meet customer needs and makes sales presentations to generate new business. Prepares business strategy proposals to senior management for market opportunities based on market trends and forecasting. May provide leadership to less experienced Product Managers.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develops and implements sales and/or marketing strategies
- Close new orders from Canada and potential US customers.
- Serves as the primary interface for assigned products, services and clients for the assigned product line/portfolio.
- Responsible to obtain committed Product Line/portfolio order intake and as-bid margin-on-contract annually.
- Proposes product applications and solutions so that product and service deliveries meet customer requirements.
- Makes sales presentations to customers and negotiates contract scope and conditions.
- Performs opportunity identification, tracking and proposal process and recommends process changes.
- Develops and maintains costumer relationship
- Develops economic scenarios to help top management challenge and validate key business decisions.
- Shares information so that all business players develop a level of competencies and performances in line with customer requirements.
- Manages estimates, actively engages in proposal development, and facilitates contract amendments so that each deal meets the targeted level of profit margin.
- Uses SPEAK (appointment with clients, reporting, presentation, opportunity follow up, information sharing with management and product manager)
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering, Science, or Business or comparable experience in lieu of degree, plus 5 years of related work experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Must have ability to lead and work as part of a team and often with little day-to-day supervision.
- Must have a good understanding/general knowledge of the entire plant system.
- Must have prior experience either in commercial nuclear industry or sales.
- Must be a high energy, goal driven individual.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position
- Demonstrated knowledge of Company product and service offerings.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management (both internal and customer).
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly and work well as part of a team.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Financial savvy, with experience negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering sales results and meeting/exceeding goals.
- Existing external customer relationships.
- Experience developing, writing and executing business plans, commercial plans, and opportunity capture plans.
Travel: 50% Domestic and International Travel. This is a position that includes all phases of the sales process; lead generation, opportunity mining, strategy development, proposal preparation and sales closure.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Pickering, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 282-378
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Manager I-III – I&C Canada (282-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pickering, Ontario CA