Senior Project Manager, Nuclear Services Canada (279-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 245
IB Canada Nuclear Service is a growth segment of the Canadian service business. The group will focus on expanding the Framatome US products and service in Canada as well as expanding outside our traditional offerings. Typical projects will range from Task Managed to Prim/Sub relationships while executing work consistent with the Framatome standards and expectations.
Framatome is seeking a Senior Project Manager in Kincardine. Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for securing and managing resources for multiple Level "B", single or multiple product line commercial projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provides project leadership for major commercial design, construction, expansion, extension, renovation, supply or component replacement projects.
- Prepares project plans/schedules/materials to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Utilizes approved project management methods and processes to execute medium risk projects of existing technology and methods to meet client needs and expectations.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills to meet project objectives.
- Manages cash flow and ensures attainment of expected cash position; manages revenue and cost declarations.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Business or a technical discipline, plus 12-15 years of project work experience including at least 5 years of experience managing projects.
- Must be working on or have achieved and continue to maintain Framatome PM Certification and must meet all requirements for Framatome level B certification.
- Excellent knowledge of schedule techniques to direct project schedulers in order to obtain improved schedule performance including earned value techniques
- Excellent knowledge of major PM plan development, implementation and administration including knowledge of sector and project processes, procedures and tools
- Good knowledge of nuclear safety issues and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff & management
- Excellent working knowledge of PC-based applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on "root cause" analysis
- Excellent report development and presentation skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Framatome LSS Black Belt certification preferred.
Travel: Domestic and International travel : 10%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 279-378
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Project Manager, Nuclear Services Canada (279-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA