Project Engineer II, Nuclear Services Canada (281-378)
Location: Kincardine, Ontario CA
Job Number: 244
IB Canada Nuclear Service is a growth segment of the Canadian service business. The group will focus on expanding the Framatome US products and service in Canada as well as expanding outside our traditional offerings. Typical projects will range from Task Managed to Prim/Sub relationships while executing work consistent with the Framatome standards and expectations.
Framatome is seeking a Project Engineer in Kincardine. Under broad supervision, plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a variety of complex engineering projects. Has lead responsibility for a wide range of multi-disciplined engineering project services, which may include managing staff, and/or the scoping and scheduling of complex engineering projects. Leads complex project and ensures work is performed in compliance with technical requirements, budget and schedule.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinates all engineering work (maintains overall technical solution, development of procedures, definition and acquisition of required tools, materials, etc.) and other preparations which will be required to implement the contract within budget/schedule.
- Plans, organizes, implements and follows through to completion a solution to address client's need.
- Defines and forecasts the necessary skills and work arrangements to support the objectives of the project.
- May supervise/coordinate day-to-day operations of engineers, designers, engineering technicians and others who assist in completion of specific project assignments.
- Represents the Company in communication with other organizations to resolve questions, plan, and coordinate work.
- Proposes plans and cost improvement programs that allow the project to achieve its business objectives.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in Engineering/Engineering Tech. plus 10-12 years of engineering experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience (MS 1-2 years or PhD 1-3 years).
- In applicable states a PE license will be accepted in lieu of 4 year engineering degree.
- Excellent knowledge of major PM plan development, implementation and administration including knowledge of sector and project processes, procedures and tools
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Framatome LSS Black Belt certification preferred.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge in particular field of specialization and has completed significant assignments. Has well-developed leadership qualities.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Office.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly and work well as part of a team.
- Business acumen
- Engineering Organizations may have additional qualification requirements with established criterion to demonstrate success.
Travel: Domestic and International travel : 10%.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Kincardine, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 281-378
Community / Marketing Title: Project Engineer II, Nuclear Services Canada (281-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kincardine, Ontario CA