Supervisor I, Engineering (250-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 239
The I&C Business Unit (I&C BU) focuses on the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved reliability, safety, and extended plant life. The ICPU organization within the I&C BU focuses on project execution and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) of the design and customer requirements generated from the ICT group within the I&C BU. Our safety and non-safety related commercial and government nuclear products are varied and involve projects that include board level design all the way up to systems integration.
In addition to maintaining these product lines and supporting new builds and refurbishments, the I&C Engineering organization also supports systems engineering functions on its own products and services as well as offering systems engineering functions such as V&V, FMEA, reliability calculations, commercial grade dedication, and qualification.
Framatome is looking for an IV&V Supervisor in Lynchburg, VA or Mansfield, MA. This role will lead a small team of IV&V engineers to develop and optimize the IV&V work related to safety related projects within the I&C BU. The individual will be responsible for supervising work by the IV&V engineers and ensuring that products are tested in accordance to the customer requirements and applicable codes and standards.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensures effective performance of engineering assignments.
- Plans and directs the timely execution of engineering activities, as assigned.
- Ensures projects, initiatives, and processes comply with established policies, objectives and customer standards.
- Ensures adherence to government, organization and customer engineering standards and procedures.
- Monitors goals, objectives and standards of performance for assigned team members.
- Works interactively with customers and clients to develop strong relationships.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology plus a minimum of 5 years of progressive engineering experience. Advance degree may be substituted for related experience (MBA/MS 1-2yrs, PhD 1-3 yrs).
- Knowledge of design/system engineering and regulatory requirements for commercial nuclear plants.
- Advanced knowledge of nuclear plant I&C design and related engineering standards, techniques and criteria.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to present to clients.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Knowledge of Tricon hardware and software
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards - IEEE 1012, NQA1 Appendix B, and Canadian Z-299.
- Change Management
- Motivating Others
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Orientation
- Situational Sensitivity
- Ability to Learn and Synthesize
- Customer Orientation
- Communication Skills
Travel: Up to 50% - Domestic and International. Travel needs will be dependent upon the project requirements. Managed tasked projects will be supported primarily from the office with travel to the sites for meetings/walkdowns. Staff augmentation projects will be supported at the respective plant sites.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 250-378
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor I, Engineering (250-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US