Supervisor, Engineering (274-378)
Location: Pickering, Ontario CA
Job Number: 238
Framatome Canada is part of the larger Installed Base (IB) organization within Framatome world-wide. The IB Unit is responsible for supporting operating commercial nuclear plants around the world with various products and services of a highly technical nature. We provide the same highly technical products and services primarily to the Canadian designed CANDU nuclear reactors operating in several countries around the world.
The Engineering Department within Framatome Canada provides engineering services to both internal customers (i.e. other Framatome Business Units) and external customers (eg. Bruce Power and Ontario Power Generation). The Engineering Department is responsible for delivering engineering products of all kinds (reports, calculations, designs, analyses, design change packages, assessments), ranging from single documents to comprehensive modification packages for complex design changes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Engineering Supervisor for a team of approximately 6-10 Design Engineers (employees & contractors) of varying disciplines (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, I&C), working within the nuclear power industry.
- Plan, assign and oversee Engineering activities within the Engineering Team. Monitor assigned activities for effective performance and adherence to established policies, objectives and customer standards (quality, duration, effort).
- In-Process activities (prepare/review/verify/approve) for Engineering deliverables.
- Work interactively with customers (both internal and external to the company) to develop strong relationships and ensure production of high quality engineering products and high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure adherence to government, organization and customer engineering standards and procedures. Ensure adherence to the organization's nuclear quality program.
- Monitor Engineering training qualifications for adherence. Provide input for revisions and improvements to the Engineering training program.
- Monitor goals, objectives and standards of performance for assigned team members. Complete yearly performance and development appraisals for employees. Periodic review of with employees as warranted.
- Contribute to the company's corrective action program (identifying and evaluating issues, performing & assigning actions, verifying action completions).
- Monitoring and reporting on various subjects related to the Engineering team (safety, quality, training, non-conformances, schedule adherence, etc).
- Participation in Engineering department and section meetings
- Coaching and mentoring at both an individual and team level.
- Support preparation of proposals for new work opportunities.
- Other related duties and tasks as required.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and minimum 7 years of engineering experience.
- Current Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (PEng, PEO)
- Advanced knowledge of engineering codes and standards related to the Canadian Nuclear Industry.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage multiple tasks and projects through subordinates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Electrical, Instrumentation And Control (E,I&C) Background.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Engineering Change Control process of Ontario Power Generation and/or Bruce Power
- 10+ years CANDU engineering and/or design experience
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Pickering, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 274-378
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor, Engineering (274-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pickering, Ontario CA