Quality Specialist III (273-378)
Location: Lynchburg, Virginia US
Job Number: 236
Framatome is seeking a Quality Specialist III for our Mill Ridge Road location in Lynchburg, VA. Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for performing inspections or surveillances and support audits and site processes and activities to ensure that appropriate controls have been defined and implemented to meet customer, regulatory requirements. Incumbents must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures and rely on a variety of experiences and judgment to accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and may lead/direct others. The immediate assignment for this position will be a temporary (up to 6 months) assignment in Canada.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Plans, schedules and conducts independent inspections or surveillances of materials and products.
- Reviews documents, prepares checklists, conducts assessment interviews and prepares assessment reports. Ensures and documents that corrective actions are taken based on report findings.
- Reviews QA procedures to verify compliance with ASME, IEEE and ISO Standards.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of NRC or other pertinent regulations and industry codes and standards.
- Develops and implements nuclear and/or non-nuclear quality assurance procedures to be followed for design, procurement, construction and/or operation of materials and/or processes.
- Reviews quality assurance specifications, test reports and other documentation to ensure that safety and quality assurance requirements are met.
- Inspects and reviews contractors' and vendors' work for compliance with QA standards.
- Routinely interfaces with customers, both internal and external to Framatome to develop processes solve issues and improve performance.
- Routinely acts as the Lead QA/QC representative for support of projects at Framatome, supplier or customer.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS plus 4-6 years of nuclear quality assurance experience, or AS plus 6-8 years of nuclear quality assurance experience, or HS plus 8-10 years of nuclear quality assurance experience.
- An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Must be able to pass practical and written test to meet ANSI / ASME N45.2.6 -1978 and NQA-1-2015 qualification and testing of Inspection Personnel in Level II discipline for Mechanical/Visual examination, Electrical Inspection, Welding inspection and other inspection techniques as needed. Examinations for Surveillances Representative on Quality Programs.
- Proven knowledge of related engineering and quality assurance standards, techniques and criteria ; Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend and convey technical data ; Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff and management ; Good problem identification and problem resolution skills; Good organization skills.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position. Knowledge of basic related engineering and quality assurance standards, techniques and criteria.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend and convey technical program data.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Good organization skills.
Travel: Domestic and International travel will be 30%. Candidate must have an active United States Passport.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Lynchburg, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 273-378
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Specialist III (273-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lynchburg, Virginia US