Machinist I/II (270-378)
Location: Richland, Washington US
Job Number: 235
Framatome is hiring a Machinist I/II for our Richland, WA group. This position will assemble, repair and fabricate metal parts by operating mechanical equipment including CNC machines. Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units. Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product meet required specification. Be competent to perform tasks that may impact health and safety in the workplace. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Performs all duties of this and lower machinist classification under general supervision and guidance.
- Performs milling operations using indexing and 90 degree head.
- Interprets CNC program manuscripts/setup data and prepares CNCs for production operation, as required.
- Interprets drawings/specifications to understand component dimensional requirements and production sequence.
- Obtains initial & periodic independent over check inspections of machining steps performed.
- Operates CNCs per established guidelines as required to produce quality components at productive rates.
- Produces conventional machined milled/turned parts and tooling to accurate tolerances utilizing good shop practices.
- Routinely checks/gages own work and make adjustments within allowable limits to maintain specified tolerances.
- Immediately stops production and notifies supervision if out of tolerance conditions occur.
- Replaces dull/defective tools per supervisor's directives, accounts for and notifies supervisor of supplies needed.
- Performs routine chip removal, machine lubrication, coolant additions/clean-outs.
- Assists in routine maintenance of machines/equipment.
- Complies with all plant work rules, regulations and specific instructions, maintains required records, logs and documentation.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area.
- Suggests improvements in work methods and procedures.
- Performs other tasks, as assigned by supervisor such as assisting lower classification machinists in setups, operations and inspection methods when requested by supervisor.
- Properly handles hazardous materials.
- Inspects works of other Machinists as directed by the Supervisor.
- During lull periods of production, may be directed by management to support other business units and may include travel to nuclear sites.
- Play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and comply with all applicable safety and health rules.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Machinist I - High school diploma or its equivalent with at least 0-2 years of related experience in the field or related area. Having a Machine Technology Certificate or the completion of a four year apprenticeship can be substituted for experience.
- Machinist II - High school diploma or its equivalent with at least 2-4 years of related experience in the field or related area. Having a Machine Technology Certificate or the completion of a four year apprenticeship can be substituted for experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the machining field.
- Demonstrated ability to read & understand basic drawings, oral & written instructions, and set-up instructions.
- CNC program manuscripts as required.
- Demonstrated ability to properly plan, perform calculations, layout, and select efficient cutting parameters for conventional machining of components/tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to use/interpret advanced shop inspection tools and manually record/computer input associated data.
- Familiar with safety and health policies and programs in the machining field.
- Ability to work Swing Shift operations.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Two year machine technology certificate and/or the completion of a four year apprenticeship is strongly preferred.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location Richland, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Number: 270-378
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist I/II (270-378)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richland, Washington US